Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chen, looks like a Houndfish.

There's three main needlefish species, but Houndfish inhabit shallow coastal waters, the perfect description of BHB.

140412-200250-0173.jpg

12 April 2014 Blue Heron Bridge Night Dive Conditions Report:

We had 45 guests and 6 staff members attend last night's dive. The water temperature was 75 degrees and the marine life was incredible. Many people were commenting how it was one of the best night dives ever! A special thank you to all who attended. We had a great time!

Here is a list of some of the creatures seen last night: Bumblebee Shrimp, squat lobsters, lots of octopus, lots of Lancer Dragonets (even some mating in the water column), nudibranchs, dwarf frogfish, stargazer, pipefish, jv searobins, jv scorpionfish (the size of your thumb nail), and many other amazing creatures.

Please visit the links below to see more photos or to read about the night's adventure:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152295782626760.1073741888.297835661759&type=1

Night dive at the Blue Heron Bridge :: Pura Vida Divers

If anyone lost a pair of black scissors in a sheath on the west side Sunday shoot me a pm.
Conditions were great Sat despite the most divers we have ever seen there, Sunday vis was markedly worse but lots of great stuff around. Temp 75 by my computer both nights.
Great time of year for critters.

Water temp 77° today. Nice dive. Got to see some pretty cool stuff. Woot! That includes the golf ball sized buffalo trunkfish, the guitarfish, a seahorse, nudis, froggies, lancer dragonets, the usual cast of critters.. OMG!

Well, I'll be down there Friday about 2 hours before high tide. If anyone sees the dark gray Chevy Trailblazer with Army stickers (including my avatar) and South Dakota plates, or the short guy with a military haircut looking for a buddy, that's me. I'll welcome anyone who can show me something awesome.

Jenny, what thickness of wetsuit do you have? I'm bring my 3mm and 5mm and would like some advice.

I am a bit of a warm water weenie.. I get cold pretty easily. Today the initial plunge was a little chilly, but did not get cold through the two hour dive. Water temp was 77° according to my computer, and I wore a 2 piece 3mm with a hood. T.C. you should probably be fine with the 3mm..
wish I could join ya, however, I have other commitments going into Easter weekend.

Well, I'll be down there Friday about 2 hours before high tide. If anyone sees the dark gray Chevy Trailblazer with Army stickers (including my avatar) and South Dakota plates, or the short guy with a military haircut looking for a buddy, that's me. I'll welcome anyone who can show me something awesome.

Jenny, what thickness of wetsuit do you have? I'm bring my 3mm and 5mm and would like some advice.

I'd rather be diving than be at work, but the bills have to be paid (including my taxes). I have found that if you get there early enough (2 hrs is plenty), you will find divers congregating around the picnic tables to chat. Usually there are some looking for buddies. Sometimes there's a troll in the group, sometimes not. But I've witnessed divers agreeing to dive together while chatting. I've also ran into a few SB'ers from out of town visiting the bridge, so don't be shy to mention you are on SB, I think this increases your chances of finding a buddy if you find another SB'er.

Good luck bud, and I look forward to seeing you that evening for that night dive on Sl8r. Good luck finding a buddy, hopefully you can get one. BTW: Have you asked Aric?

BTW: I wear a 3/2 and have been wearing my lavacore top during the winter. I'd be fine in 77, but as the temp dropped to 70, I got used to wearing it. I don't know at what temp I'll wish I wasn't wearing it. I've been far more comfortable with it on in the lower 70's. Even in the lower 70's without my lavacore top, it would take over an hour until I started to feel cold, and I would really be feeling it after 1.5 hrs. With my lavacore, I'm good to go for 2 hrs easy. I'm also not in military shape anymore, so I have some natural insulation and YMMV :).

Now my scuba mom, she suits up like it's an ice dive and exits after 45 minutes but I miss her anyways :).

I'd rather be diving than be at work, but the bills have to be paid (including my taxes). I have found that if you get there early enough (2 hrs is plenty), you will find divers congregating around the picnic tables to chat. Usually there are some looking for buddies. Sometimes there's a troll in the group, sometimes not. But I've witnessed divers agreeing to dive together while chatting. I've also ran into a few SB'ers from out of town visiting the bridge, so don't be shy to mention you are on SB, I think this increases your chances of finding a buddy if you find another SB'er.

Good luck bud, and I look forward to seeing you that evening for that night dive on Sl8r. Good luck finding a buddy, hopefully you can get one. BTW: Have you asked Aric?

BTW: I wear a 3/2 and have been wearing my lavacore top during the winter. I'd be fine in 77, but as the temp dropped to 70, I got used to wearing it. I don't know at what temp I'll wish I wasn't wearing it. I've been far more comfortable with it on in the lower 70's. Even in the lower 70's without my lavacore top, it would take over an hour until I started to feel cold, and I would really be feeling it after 1.5 hrs. With my lavacore, I'm good to go for 2 hrs easy. I'm also not in military shape anymore, so I have some natural insulation and YMMV :).

Now my scuba mom, she suits up like it's an ice dive and exits after 45 minutes but I miss her anyways :).

I'd go on Friday morning but unfortunately I don't get back into town until Friday at noon :( or else I'd be glad to go! Look forward to Scarface that evening!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom