Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tango Mike!

I will be in my 5mm + hooded vest + gloves until I start feeling warm...somewhere between 77 and 79....then it will be dive skin + hooded vest + gloves all summer. I consider hooded vest standard all year due to people kicking up hydroids and the occasional jellyfish.

Were you east or west?
My computer said 75°, but at one time it also said 73°, but I don't think it was that :cold:

Todays finds.. 4 batfish! A bazillion octopi, almost as many lancer dragonets, and three pike blennies. At separate times, I saw a male and a female free swimming.. woot!

dang it! Can't believe we miss so much. We went on the sand to the upside down wreck then to the west near the channel but must not be doing something right . . . Also was our first time there in 3 months so we are out of date trolls

---------- Post added April 5th, 2014 at 07:37 AM ----------

Were you east or west?
My computer said 75°, but at one time it also said 73°, but I don't think it was that :cold:

Todays finds.. 4 batfish! A bazillion octopi, almost as many lancer dragonets, and three pike blennies. At separate times, I saw a male and a female free swimming.. woot!

dang it! Can't believe we miss so much. We went on the sand to the upside down wreck then to the west near the channel but must not be doing something right . . . Also was our first time there in 3 months so we are out of date trolls

Sorry. We probably passed each other underwater. I recall seeing two sets of divers early one near the east can buoys. One set had a diver with big camera and somebody tagging along carrying the float, and the other were two divers mid water column who swam over to the ailing stargazer..
Speaking of which did anybody else see that stargazer all cut up? Still very much alive, but in a world of hurt.. maybe an escaped lunch?

---------- Post added April 5th, 2014 at 07:37 AM ----------

When we go my daughter shows me pictures of things I had no idea were there, many times she points at something and I still do not see it.

I have dived there some days, thought I saw many wonderful things, then will read a post from the same day, and realize I did not see much at all

Jenny we would have been the first two. Maribi is my spotter and drags the float, bless her.

We are going to try again tomorrow.

Best of luck!

Had a great dive today! 77°F. 20+ vis. My goal was to locate some bumblebee shrimp and try out the diopter on them. Found several. Also octos, a striated Ff, batfish. My first doto nudi. And a couple other shrimp I am not sure about yet. Crowd wasnt bad. Got front row parking. Saw jimw and crew and got to chat a bit. Also tried out my new-to-me DSS BP/W....love it!!

Northern stargazer in a world of hurt. Out of the corner of my eye I see movement. This stargazer shoots out from someplace, I don't know where, there was no structure, so maybe from the sand? I dunno. Anyways, in an instant a big ole barracuda is right there eyeing it. I don't know of the barracuda was being opportunistic, or is bummed it's lunch got away. it (barracuda) backed off a little ways while I shot a few photos.
10011200_10152020900803531_29212062_n.jpg

---------- Post added April 5th, 2014 at 04:36 PM ----------

A juvenile sea robin. Now that I know there are 7 varieties at the bridge, it's just a matter of figuring out which one it is. Beautiful creature. This photo hardly does it justice.
1979658_10152020900503531_1660325402_n.jpg

---------- Post added April 5th, 2014 at 04:38 PM ----------

pike blenny. Still working on ID, but my guess is that it's a yellow face.
374570_10152020897538531_2140953754_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom