Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great dive today! 77°F. 20+ vis. My goal was to locate some bumblebee shrimp and try out the diopter on them. Found several. Also octos, a striated Ff, batfish. My first doto nudi. And a couple other shrimp I am not sure about yet. Crowd wasnt bad. Got front row parking. Saw jimw and crew and got to chat a bit. Also tried out my new-to-me DSS BP/W....love it!!
Pics or it didn't happen! :D :D :D

---------- Post added April 5th, 2014 at 03:19 PM ----------

I don't know of the barracuda was being opportunistic, or is bummed it's lunch got away.
Maybe it got zapped. How far can a stargazer shock things?

Awesome pics.

I dunno.. I was reading Susan Meldonian's book "Under the Bridge" about an incident with a stargazer. She said she didn't feel anything at the time, but by the time she got out of the water her face was red and it was stinging like it got burned.. She was 8" away.

I have dived there some days, thought I saw many wonderful things, then will read a post from the same day, and realize I did not see much at all

Wow, but did that resonate...I know the feeling exactly. Many a time I've myopically peered in the direction my buddy was stridently pointing and seen nothing. I was almost relieved when they stopped because whatever it was had gone away...

Jenny and Joanie are two that can attest to that.

BTW...is there perchance a sponsored night dive tomorrow night?

Pics or it didn't happen! :D :D :D

OK Here we go:

First, the Weird Shrimp. Not sure what it is. Similar shape and actions to a bumblebee shrimp but a lot bigger, this is NOT using the diopter:

jpeg-4030.jpg

A couple Bumblebee Shrimp using the diopter:

jpeg-4003.jpg

jpeg-4049.jpg

Striated FF with and without diopter:

jpeg-4039.jpg jpeg-4041.jpg

Squat Lobster?

jpeg-4024.jpg

Nudis:

jpeg-3993.jpg jpeg-3992.jpg

Super cute Blenny and some tiny tunicates:

jpeg-3987.jpg jpeg-4002.jpg

wow! Glad you are getting wet again. Love your pics!

:shakehead:

MB:
Was the next to last pic a chipmunk fish?
Hint: Ned DeLoach, 319

Wow, but did that resonate...I know the feeling exactly. Many a time I've myopically peered in the direction my buddy was stridently pointing and seen nothing. I was almost relieved when they stopped because whatever it was had gone away...

Jenny and Joanie are two that can attest to that.

Silly Bill. :)

BTW...is there perchance a sponsored night dive tomorrow night?

The next night dives are PV on the 12th and Force E on the 13th. I heard Kayalami is also doing a night boat dive at the bridge next weekend. Fun as that would be it's not practical if driving up from Broward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom