Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next night dives are PV on the 12th and Force E on the 13th. I heard Kayalami is also doing a night boat dive at the bridge next weekend. Fun as that would be it's not practical if driving up from Broward.

The boat Kyalami from Jupiter has a BHB night dive scheduled on Sunday April 13th. Jupiter, FL Scuba Diving Charter I would guess they would pick up some divers closer to the bridge if needed. Calllemup!

Thanks for posting all this, jimw! I'll be in FL for a month effective late May and I thought my only option for night dives at the BHB was Force-E. Good to know there are plenty others. :)

BTW, if anyone's interested in a dive buddy during the week during June, please feel free to send a PM...

Thanks for posting all this, jimw! I'll be in FL for a month effective late May and I thought my only option for night dives at the BHB was Force-E. Good to know there are plenty others. :)

BTW, if anyone's interested in a dive buddy during the week during June, please feel free to send a PM...

Add to this at least 2 more stores sponsoring night dives at BHB--Deep Six in Jensen Beach and Stuart Scuba in Stuart.

I have had a fabulous night dive sponsored by Boynton Beach Dive Center. Also Little Deeper and JASA also occasionally do nite boat dives too.

@ scuba jenny
It was on the West end middle pilings

I also saw a decent sized moray nearby ... I can only hope there was encounter between them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.. hoping somebody finds the information on its location and deals with it appropriately. :D :D :D

That's gotta be one of the coolest finds *ever* at the bridge!

And, who woulda thunk the nudis woulda started mating with the shrimps??

I'll second and third that.
Another awesome find.
Will have to add it to my wish list.
Any ID yet?
John

Struck out on the froggies (again) but had a really spectacular dive yesterday. At least 18 octopi! Puffers, burrfish, orange leaf scorpionfish, lots of drumfish, peacock flounders all over the place, a couple of bumblebee shrimp, a batfish deploying its lure, and a few oddities that I will post photos of later. Excellent vis (30) and much warmer than Friday.

Parking lot was a zoo. We literally got the last of only 3 spots left far away from the beach. Maribi had to stand in the spot and fight off the crowds (she even got the finger, a new sighting at BHB!) while I dropped off the gear at the beach.

Well worth it, though. Actually not very many divers and most that we saw were photogs with excellent diving skills.

Lots of other fish, banded shrimp, crabs, etc.

No disappointments today! One day, though, we will see those froggies . . .

Have never run into a leaf scorpionfish at the bridge, will have to pay more attention especially if this is "their" time of the year.
Those elusive frogfish are definately seasonal and hard to spot, we have more luck with striated variety....
John

Could use some help from the regulars... I have dove the bridge in the past and thoroughly enjoyed the dive and the people as well... I am taking the wife to Key Largo for 10 days and wanted to stop at the bridge so she could experience it for herself. Here lies the problem, I will be pulling a 5th wheel and our intentions are to take a quick dip. Are campers allowed in the park area?

I have no plans to try and drop it off at a Walmart or such and would prefer to park it at the park for the 3 hours we will be there... Planing on stopping by on May 14th for the 8:23AM dive...

Hope someone can help with this or maybe provide a suggestion...

Thanks, lee

Talk to the dive shops in the area? Maybe one will let you unhitch it near them for a few hours.

---------- Post added April 7th, 2014 at 05:27 PM ----------

Thanks.. hoping somebody finds the information on its location and deals with it appropriately. :D :D :D
Anyone down there rent/ let me borrow a net? I'll kill everyone for free if I can keep the carcasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom