Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could use some help from the regulars... I have dove the bridge in the past and thoroughly enjoyed the dive and the people as well... I am taking the wife to Key Largo for 10 days and wanted to stop at the bridge so she could experience it for herself. Here lies the problem, I will be pulling a 5th wheel and our intentions are to take a quick dip. Are campers allowed in the park area?

I have no plans to try and drop it off at a Walmart or such and would prefer to park it at the park for the 3 hours we will be there... Planing on stopping by on May 14th for the 8:23AM dive...

Hope someone can help with this or maybe provide a suggestion...

Thanks, lee

You might be able to park it in the boat trailer section. Those parking spots are plenty long. Just pay the parking fee.

Talk to the dive shops in the area? Maybe one will let you unhitch it near them for a few hours.

---------- Post added April 7th, 2014 at 05:27 PM ----------

Anyone down there rent/ let me borrow a net? I'll kill everyone for free if I can keep the carcasses.
use the clear plastic ones that are used for collecting. And needle proof gloves. Why do you want the carcasses?

Water is getting warmer!!! Woot! Computer said 77° with 78° spotted here n there. Confirmed the temps with others in the parking lot after the dive. Got a pretty gross photo.. circle of life thing.. dead stargazer with fireworms.. do I dare post it?

use the clear plastic ones that are used for collecting. And needle proof gloves. Why do you want the carcasses?

Water is getting warmer!!! Woot! Computer said 77° with 78° spotted here n there. Confirmed the temps with others in the parking lot after the dive. Got a pretty gross photo.. circle of life thing.. dead stargazer with fireworms.. do I dare post it?

Hell yes!

On the ramp parking I buy an annual park pass so I don't know how they do daily fees.....

Thanks guys... Yes, I knew about the parking for boat trailers but the last thing I would have wanted to see as I entered the park was "No RV's" :(

I think I will try and get the number to the park and give em' a call...!

Thanks again for the input!!!

lee

Checked Phil Foster Park website and it looks like RV's are not permitted in boat ramp parking
"PARKING
Due to site constraints, there are a limited amount of spaces available in the park including 127 boat/trailer parking spaces and 206 regular parking spaces. Boat/trailer parking spaces are reserved for the exclusive use of tow vehicles with boat trailers. Vehicles not towing a trailer are required to use the regular parking spaces. Trailers are not permitted to be parked in the regular parking spaces."

The phone number is 561-367-2932 so I would get clarification.

Jenny- what would kill a stargazer besides old age or indigestion?

John

I dunno.. maybe a fisherman? Looks pretty stiff, like it was thrown over the bridge.. very near the first piling..
885 dead.jpg

Could use some help from the regulars... I have dove the bridge in the past and thoroughly enjoyed the dive and the people as well... I am taking the wife to Key Largo for 10 days and wanted to stop at the bridge so she could experience it for herself. Here lies the problem, I will be pulling a 5th wheel and our intentions are to take a quick dip. Are campers allowed in the park area?

I have no plans to try and drop it off at a Walmart or such and would prefer to park it at the park for the 3 hours we will be there... Planing on stopping by on May 14th for the 8:23AM dive...

Hope someone can help with this or maybe provide a suggestion...

Thanks, lee

I HAVE seen motor homes parked in the regular lot several times and some were much larger than a parking space. Given the day and time you plan to be there(Wednesday morning early)just find a parking spot and dive! A few divers and a few fishers will probably be all you see that early...........The lifeguard won't even be there 'til 9am.

I eat them. Have you had Lionfish before?

I like the net, but I'd like some way to stash them in my zookeeper without touching them. Ideas?

---------- Post added April 8th, 2014 at 03:25 AM ----------

Dang.

Came up, got this in the face

View attachment 181400
What is that?

---------- Post added April 8th, 2014 at 03:30 AM ----------

Dang.

Came up, got this in the face

View attachment 181400
What is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.