Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was my husband's second saltwater dive, and he was excited to see six barracuda as soon as we descended and a large ray. We headed west and looked at the fish around the pilings. We both like fish and were happy just hanging out looking at them. We met one of the BHB regulars, Lureen, who told us about the biorocks project in Ft. Lauderdale.

Yesterday was my husband's second saltwater dive, and he was excited to see six barracuda as soon as we descended and a large ray. We headed west and looked at the fish around the pilings. We both like fish and were happy just hanging out looking at them. We met one of the BHB regulars, Lureen, who told us about the biorocks project in Ft. Lauderdale.

How was the viz? Water temp? Thanks for your report!

Since it was so different I shot an extended sequence of my "firefly" fish, it is in the queue for editing:crying:
Sorry I missed you but maybe next visit, I can see you a body length away....
John

Me, too. I especially enjoy the ones hanging around the pilings guarding the west channel - especially the various schools that pass by.

---------- Post added January 13th, 2014 at 10:24 PM ----------

Since it was so different I shot an extended sequence of my "firefly" fish, it is in the queue for editing:crying:
Sorry I missed you but maybe next visit, I can see you a body length away....
John

Great! So we'll get to see what they looked like in a few years.

No problemo. I'm less fun in person. :D

Conditions should be good tonight barring any rain storms. Vis this morning was 25ft, but decreased after the tide change. 73° water temp., I thought it might be warmer because I got a 3mm hood and didn't get cold silly. Seems there aren't as many fish as we see in the summer time..

Got some rechargeables for the camera, and toted the other one with AA just in case.. a little bit cumbersome, but hopefully I got some decent shots.

---------- Post added January 14th, 2014 at 07:11 PM ----------

a slug of some sort.. any ideas? Approx 2" long..
1525105_10151876878883531_1302786850_n.jpg

a baby filefish
1512775_10151876878818531_1801048346_n.jpg

Awesome nudi-licious dive tonight!

You have some "off-the-charts" vision and some serious imagination to find all those things. Pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom