Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Djtimmy.. awesome photos! Good finds!! do you have the Caribbean slug book for ID?

I have the book but haven't spent the time to ID these guys yet

---------- Post added January 15th, 2014 at 12:14 PM ----------

One other thing I saw that was of particular interest was an eel, about the size of a garden eel, but with a single row of white spots on either side similar to a sharp tail eel. While I was deciding if I should move the strobes into position to get a pic, the little guy dove in the sand tail first and disappeared. The eel's head was pointy like a sharp tailed eel or snake eel.

---------- Post added January 15th, 2014 at 12:16 PM ----------

You have some "off-the-charts" vision and some serious imagination to find all those things. Pretty cool.

Thanks! I like the challenge, and half the time I am guessing that I am indeed looking at something or if it is just some "weeds" I also really have come to enjoy diving really slow as it is very relaxing. (Until of course you have to contort your body to hold position in the current to get a good angle on the subject)

You have some "off-the-charts" vision and some serious imagination to find all those things. Pretty cool.

He's ridiculously good at it. Dive with him and he'll be practically touching the thing he's pointing at and I still don't see it! I have to wait for the photo.

Viz this morning a beautiful blue 35-40 ft, water temp 73. Air temp at 7am: 56!! Just a heads up for anyone planning to dive on Saturday 1/18: the ML King parade route goes east on Blue Heron Blvd. It kicks off at 11:00am. It should not affect anyone planning on the 9:30 high tide but may be a problem going west to 95 or turnpike afterwards. And PFP might be busier than usual with picnickers.

Today's animal du jour: spotted eagle rays! And the last photo is pretty much straight off the camera - just so you can see conditions.

DSC04052.jpg DSC04057.jpg DSC04071.jpg DSC04054.jpg

Joanie found a sailfin.. Joanie found a sailfin!!!!!!! fun!!1

Joanie found a sailfin.. Joanie found a sailfin!!!!!!! fun!!1

You're funny Jenny. What??? Do you think all I ever see are seahorses? :wink:

something like that.. and spotted eagle rays.. and stargazers.. and well, other stuff... :wink:

Will be interesting to see what new critters move in after this cold snap!
Love the feeding eagle ray and flashing sailfin!
May sneak back up for another dive next few days off.
Always on the look out for "other Stuff"....
:D:D:DJohn

Hi trolls

I am in Melbourne on business AGAIN and was hoping to dive BHB on Saturday. Was woundering if anyone (or group) is going who might not mind a tag-along? Last time I did a solo dive, but since I don't know my way around, I decided it was less than productive.

I promise I don't eat the fish and I don't collect them either (except in pictures).

Would really like to see some of the seahorses and other unique life forms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom