Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in Melbourne on business AGAIN and was hoping to dive BHB on Saturday. Was woundering if anyone (or group) is going who might not mind a tag-along? Last time I did a solo dive, but since I don't know my way around, I decided it was less than productive.

I promise I don't eat the fish and I don't collect them either (except in pictures).

Would really like to see some of the seahorses and other unique life forms.

Be aware that it is going to be really cold (air temp) saturday morning so factor that into your plan.

Good karma today because guess who's back in town?!? Wetlens! I ran into him and his entourage underwater. I showed his little granddaughter the orange seahorse. She's so young and already a great diver. She'll run circles around all of us in no time. Frank didn't have his camera today ... hopefully you'll carry it one of these days - we always enjoy your pics. Great seeing you. Sorry that was it for me this week. Working the rest of the weekend.

DSC04046.jpg

Hey guys I'll be diving BHB in the next with with the wife. Gonna be in town from Texas. Everything I've read online says to dive it at high slack tide. I've done boat dives or shore dives in hawaii my whole life and don't work with the tides to much.

is diving in the middle of the day ok?
How has the vis been?

As long as the tide is high, you are good to dive most anytime. Middle of the week should be no problem as far as parking. Make sure you have dive flag. If you've never dived there before, stop at Force E to get a map, or use a guide.

We dove the bridge this morning, and although the air was cool, it was beautiful out. When we left around 11:40, there was still a diver in the water. Was it one of you? Tomorrow we head back home to the cold north. :(

Dove the bridge this morning with Traveler218. Air temp was a bit chilly, but conditions under water were fantastic! 73°F, ~40 ft vis. Would have been a good day to take some gopro video.

Traveler218 wanted to see a seahorse, this one took a lot of searching but we got lucky. (others that I have seen in the past were not home this morning)

jpeg-2542.jpg

Here are a couple oddities that I stumbled across:

jpeg-2604.jpg jpeg-2606.jpg

Found a couple roughead blennies, nice surprise:

jpeg-2565.jpg jpeg-2552.jpg

Finally, a few other critters that cooperated with me:

jpeg-2601.jpg jpeg-2613.jpg jpeg-2610.jpg jpeg-2595.jpg jpeg-2549.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back