Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The creepy looking worm is a peanut worm.

IMG_9486wa peanut seed.jpg

So, this must be a peanut seed, eh?

Went to the bridge today, planning on getting in around 2 hours before high tide. Arrived and the water was really brown. Waited half an hour or so to see if any clear water would come in, and then my buddy decided to call it. I figured I'd wait around a bit longer to see if the clean water would make it to the bridge. Eventually got peer pressured to buddy up with another photog and give it a go "since we were there anyway" Saw some nudis I haven't seen before, as well as some other critters. 10'+ vis under the layer of brown stuff. Looked at my computer once, saw 77°F. Did see someone with a reeeeealy tall flag pole getting in over on the west side.

jpeg-2374.jpg jpeg-2366.jpg jpeg-2358.jpg jpeg-2339.jpg

jpeg-2334.jpg jpeg-2370.jpg jpeg-2392.jpg jpeg-2391.jpg

Any idea what this thing is???

jpeg-2380.jpg

Beautiful shots of the lancer dragonet! my first thought on the yellow thing is a juvi bobbit worm.. probably wrong though. #2,3, nice shots.. sea slug of some sort?

Thanks!, I think it is an "Ornate Elysia" I am also starting to think the yellow thing might be some type of sea cucumber.

Well we were the couple going in under the reeeeeally tall flag.
We had met a bunch of friends who were sitting it out (wisely) but had advised Kevin was already in and headed thattaway...
Not wanting to leave my directionally impaired buddy to dive this stew without me we packed out and went for it.
I put this vis closer to 4 feet, brownish and had a consistent 73 degrees. Most frustrating were weird layers of "fresh" water that kept giving my video that rippling focus look even during the incoming tide.
Notables were a bumble bee shrimp (still not the spotted variant I'm seeking) multiple decorator crabs running hither and yon, a few nudies and some interesting crabs (tiny but colorful).
We never caught up with Kevin but as I hadn't found anything worth swimming over and getting them it wasn't a big deal. 160 minute dive ended in the dark and the coolest thing may have been these strange clear fish with bright white heads that swarmed my lights in the shallows. Looked like translucent fireflies. I have never seen this type before so (as usual) the bridge served up something new.
Pictures may follow but if my video is any indication it won't be post worthy.
John

We are in South Florida for the week and dove the bridge yesterday. It was my husband's first ocean dive!

Is anyone diving the bridge today? It would be great to meet some of you regulars! We are in a silver and blue Honda Element, and I wear a drysuit.

I put this vis closer to 4 feet, brownish and had a consistent 73 degrees. Most frustrating were weird layers of "fresh" water that kept giving my video that rippling focus look even during the incoming tide.

We went to the east side, seems like that was a lucky choice!

---------- Post added January 12th, 2014 at 12:43 PM ----------

We are in South Florida for the week and dove the bridge yesterday. It was my husband's first ocean dive!

Is anyone diving the bridge today? It would be great to meet some of you regulars! We are in a silver and blue Honda Element, and I wear a drysuit.

I would LIKE to, unfortunately chores around the house and catching up on some work won't allow it.

Planning on the night dive Tuesday though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom