Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back Kevin! Hope today is fun - whatever the conditions & whatever you see. If you would be so kind as to post a report whenever you get out I'm sure we'll all appreciate it.

Enjoy.

Astonishingly decent conditions today. Twenty to thirty feet of viz, entering about two hours prior to high tide. Had the sun been out, it woulda really been dandy. Three hours plus and didn't get *too* cold. Wind out of the east made my dive flag want to go west whatever the current. Pitchers (not too many, maybe) to follow. Today's theme was decorator crabs.

Oh, and John (Cork) found another one of those Thalassinidean Shrimps.

---------- Post added January 9th, 2014 at 09:20 PM ----------

Yeah, right!! Unless that's short for "Kind of ......":wink:

Don't make me come over there. . .

Last edited:
Nudi surprise

IMG_9167wa2 nudi.jpg

Remembered seeing a pic posted once of a nudibranch sitting inside an upside down jellyfish. Tried to peek inside this one today between "pumps" and saw the little piece of gray (sand?) sitting down there and tried a couple of shots. Only upon getting it up on the computer monitor did I learn for sure that it wasn't a nudi. However. . .

Some of my finds today that I found particularly interesting. All the blue tangs that I've previously seen that were yellow in color were much smaller than the five inch one I saw today at the snorkel trail. This was also my first batfish displaying a retractable lure. Found lots of packaging for pikeblennies, but they'd already been opened.

Attachments

• IMG_9366wa.jpg
    IMG_9366wa.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_9313wa.jpg
    IMG_9313wa.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9359wa.jpg
    IMG_9359wa.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9280wa.jpg
    IMG_9280wa.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9252wa baby razor.jpg
    IMG_9252wa baby razor.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9244wa packaging.jpg
    IMG_9244wa packaging.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9223wa lure.jpg
    IMG_9223wa lure.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9187wa.jpg
    IMG_9187wa.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9152wa.jpg
    IMG_9152wa.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9086wa five inches long.jpg
    IMG_9086wa five inches long.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9026wa tiny anemones.jpg
    IMG_9026wa tiny anemones.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Kev-
Shooting to be there tommorrow 3 ish...
If your already in and surface look for the ridiculously tall flag and we will be nearby.
I don't think that is the nudie associated with the upside down jellies (since the picture I remember was quite different) but I'm no expert.
Jenny-
If your about I will have a ms for you:D
John

John.. did you make it? Was up there, didn't see any ridiculously tall flag.. And where was Kevin? We looked for you...

Temp was moderate till the tide change and all that fresh water was :cold: halocline in spots made looking for stuff like you forgot to rinse the defog from your mask..

Jenny-
No, on shift now and won't get off till 0800 tomorrow.
We are coming tomorrow for sure, come hell or cold water!
Will bring ms with and hope to run into you in the parking lot around 3 pm ish or under ridiculously tall flag from 330ish onward.
Kevin is a madman and if I read it right went in 2 hours early:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:
I prefer to hit it about and hour before peak, an hour during prime and usually and an hour past common sense....
Some interesting behaviors lately as the current starts to push out. Challenge is: shaking too hard by then for steady video.
I will be on the lookout for rare (or any) nudi's.
John

Last edited:
Vis was a decent 25 ft until the tide turned then it went to pot fast - like your mask was all fogged up. My Suunto gave me 75 degrees for the dive; the fresh water rain layer on the top was significantly colder.

Kind of a "mug shot" kinda day ...

DSC03962.jpg DSC03976.jpg DSC03978.jpg DSC03991.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom