Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice shots Jet, nothing came out on my camera.. gotta tweak those settings again.. sigh.
John, I try to avoid the bridge on weekends.. it's gonna be packed..

Nice shots Jet, nothing came out on my camera.. gotta tweak those settings again.. sigh.

Dang. Really?!? Double dang. I was hoping you got that shrimp and some of those other little things I can never focus on. ... I guess that means we'll have to go try AGAIN.

Apparently so..

:)

Jenny-
Sorry you won't make it tomorrow but we will catch you there soon.
I have put off going 2 or 3 times now and really want to get in a dive, weekend or no.
Looks like you saw some cool mugs with Jet, it is maddening to have a setting issue you can't pick up on during the dive.
Our vacation in Feb. will be in 70 degree water so I need to tweak my layering though no dive competes with the bridge for minimal swiming and sheer duration.
If I get cold 60 minutes into the dive in 75 degree water I know it won't suffice for 70!!!
It will be Feb. before I turn around.
We will post a report of tomorrow's conditions and strange critter sightings including Kevin...
John

Kev-
Shooting to be there tommorrow 3 ish...
If your already in and surface look for the ridiculously tall flag and we will be nearby.
I don't think that is the nudie associated with the upside down jellies (since the picture I remember was quite different) but I'm no expert.
Jenny-
If your about I will have a ms for you:D
John

Yeah, I've backed off with the cold water to entering two hours or so prior to high. Three has worked well when the water was warm. Still interested in hearing about this secret behavior stuff on the outgoing. I know yer flag, well. And, have been surfacing a *lot* of late. Got a PM (and death threat) from Miss Anne today about the nudi.

All that fresh water made today's dive unique. Started with about 4 feet of viz - and brownish - and cold. Suspect both were related to the Delray Beach flooding. It gradually improved through the dive and got to maybe 20 feet around the tide change. Today's findings don't justify bothering with any pics. Most disappointing. And, due to the early, crappy viz, spent more time than usual with face close to the bottom, spending lots of time in "good looking" areas with very little movement. Still almost nothing. Those "clines" - whatever kinds they were - were pretty eerie and aggravating.

Did see the largest school of sheepshead hanging around the west channel that I've ever seen. My 60mm lens just couldn't do it justice. A 10-17 woulda been nice - if I still had one. . .

During that first hour or so with the minimal viz, I could picture nothing else besides the advantage that bull sharks must feel in those conditions. Had to settle for the music associated with great whites, though. When Cork grabbed my leg when he caught up, I almost totally forgot about the interaction amongst the three spongy decorators I'd been watching.

Still guessing about what an "ms" might be. . .

---------- Post added January 10th, 2014 at 11:38 PM ----------

And where was Kevin? We looked for you...

Ran my typical, clockwise pattern on the west side. *Did* find a few of the sailfin blennies in their "condo" area today. Hadn't seen any in a while. But, nobody was showing off. :depressed:

Sailfins, I've learned, like the sun. Ok, at Hollywood, that is when they show off.

Is it just me, or does the sound of the bubbles rising while solo diving sound like the JAWS theme song?

Glad we didn't go west.. sounds sucky...

nudi?? Oh.. Nevermind.. gotcha..

ms?? I dunno.. it's the :D at the end that's got me worried.. LOL

I forgot to mention in my report yesterday that I watched them tear down the old wooden lifeguard stand. They've put up a new metal one. It sits just west of the buoyed swimming area right at the water's edge. When we get those really high tides where the water comes all the way up the concrete footings the lifeguards will have to wade to their office.
I couldn't get my little pea brain around the logic of new placement. So I asked the lifeguard and he too was clueless.

Kev-Jenny
MS is troll code for muck stick, it has advantages in holding position, marking a find and as a pointer to the sight impaired.
Most importantly, I have an extra for Jenny but haven't seen her last few trips.
Pike Bleeny inatube was on a heading near even with the slope but halfway toward the west bridge before nudi world
(or whats left of it) Definately not a player though. Good luck, hope to see you there.
John

ooohhh cool! A muck stick! Been meaning to get one.. cool...

I forgot to mention in my report yesterday that I watched them tear down the old wooden lifeguard stand. They've put up a new metal one. It sits just west of the buoyed swimming area right at the water's edge. When we get those really high tides where the water comes all the way up the concrete footings the lifeguards will have to wade to their office.
I couldn't get my little pea brain around the logic of new placement. So I asked the lifeguard and he too was clueless.

Lifeguard stand?? I thought the Jetsons had moved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom