Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vis 40+ until the tide changed and temp 83 for this morning's dawn dive. Really busy at 5:30am!

Typical Crusty Dude & BB's dive.

DSC01793.jpg DSC01810.jpg

Last edited:
What's a trolls favorite drink? :)
MUR!!!!!!

The DoubleTree by Hilton ( one of our Dive Resorts) created a drink for us they are calling an "Into the Blue", which are AKA'd as a "Jessica Alba"....it is blue from Curacou, has Rum and a few other things... I like it!
Then there is the Bahama Mama, the Goombay Smash.....Rum Runner....any of these "should be" served at the BHB after diving and when we go over our Discoveries and Adventures......... the Parks Dept may object a bit though :)
You got the rum part. Good start!

However the best drink I ever had at the bridge was a frosty winter morning where I came out of the water blue and shivering, and cut a water bottle in half to make an extra cup so the BBs could generously share a split of their steaming hot cocoa. (There may even be a picture of the moment somewhere back in the archives).

I burned my fingers a bit, but can still taste the first sip...
mmm yummy times! But, yeah.. :cold:
388029_10150406064088531_355719933_n.jpg

And there is the ever popular reebs and mur served at the BHB Troll Thanksgiving pot luck. After diving of course. Oh, those were the days.....so much fun.
there's that MUR again!!!

---------- Post added August 4th, 2013 at 09:42 PM ----------

378135_10150406067073531_138638358_n.jpg

muR, I remember THAT! I actually tried to Google it a few years ago--and without success--must check again to see if it has entered the online dictionary, or is it still secret!! (;>)

It helps if you're cixelsyd.

But last time I talked about food and drink in here, the entire thread got kicked into the Pub.

So to get back on track..as a Minnesota friend once asked me....howbout dem durned fish, yep by golly?

Last edited:
how busy as in how many divers do you tend to see near a dawn tide on weekends? just curious how packed the bridge gets that early

Last weekend was pretty busy for a dawn dive.. still mostly front row parking though..

Last weekend was pretty busy for a dawn dive.. still mostly front row parking though..

WOW. Based on Jet"s am report from Mondaay we had high hopes....
Image showing up 2 hours early to find tanic brown wanter and even a turtle carcass washing the west rocks.....
Granted we are two hours early but the "" forbidden" life of the swim area is addictive....
Around 6 ish blue water started pouring in........
the faithful are rewarded.........
With all respect-and props to J&J.,
BAMMMMM !!!!!
the list is shattered!!!!!!!
Life time critter to be named later outed,
3 hours worth of surprises to follow.
Short list with photo-video props:
Juvenile BIg Eye (personal goal listeee)
Juvenile Rough back batfish (great color)
Juvenile BIg Head Searobin????
Multiple Bobbbit worms.
Juvenile buffalo trunkfish aka green spongebob's
feeding and free wheeling juvie eagle rays...
much, much, more,,,,.,
another average BHB night dive.................
Pictures and dare I say video to follow.
John

the list is shattered!!!!!!!
Life time critter to be named later outed,
3 hours worth of surprises to follow.
Multiple Bobbbit worms.
another average BHB night dive.................
Pictures and dare I say video to follow.
John

nobobbitwormsatthebridgenobobbitwormsatthebridgenobobbitwormsatthebridge ...

We went Tuesday morning, nice diving with horsies and froggies--the best part, the viz after tidal change was still nice in the area south of the beach--around 25 ft.--best I've seen in many months!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom