Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume it is Heresy to ask here, but what the heck.

Recommendations for a nice restaurant near BHB, *other* than the super secret joint? Something a little more er... well lit and yuppie-esque.

Google shows a cluster of possibilities on each side of the bridge.

• Waterfront Tike Restaurant at Riviera Beach marine is excellent--prices reasonable, food excellent
  • The REstaurant at the Marriott Resort and Spa, Singer Island, is so good that the Ferrari and Lamborghini crowd eat there...--price ( I did say the Ferrari crowd eats there :)
  • The Hilton on singer Island is fun to eat and drink at, food is good, Tiki Atmosphere excellent.
  • Sailfish Marina is the pricey and Tourist version of the Riviera Beach Waterfront Tiki...food not quite as good, prices a lot higher, atmosphere very yuppie-esque...includes gift shop :)

Perfect. Thanks Dan.

Viz a particulate-filled 25-30 ft today. Very green water. Temp 81. Working late tonight and tomorrow night means I get another dive in morning.

"Say hello to my little friend"

DSC01846.jpg

Headed to the Keys for Reef Fest and then my last Tec40 dive. I've been making myself and my class buddies nuts trying to calculate deco and gas consumption. (My degraded math skills suck).

I'm gonna be soooo ready for a 15' 2-hour dive when I get back.

And I've seen Bobbits there, but never more than one at a time...scary buggers when we're so close to the bottom taking photos...any more multiple sightings and I may start wearing a sports cup.

---------- Post added August 7th, 2013 at 11:01 PM ----------

Only problem with stabbing them is that they don't stay still long enough to get to em..

But it was fun to watch you scrounge my knife too and then try with both hands!! I agree with Adurso....I'm a big chicken and hate getting stung by anything.

---------- Post added August 7th, 2013 at 11:10 PM ----------

I never had the cojones to try it on a lion fish, though I have seen a number there.

We've exchanged comments in the Pub, but I didn't know you got down this way. Next time feel free to give me a shout if you want to buddy up.

Last edited:
Headed to the Keys for Reef Fest and my last Tec40 dive. I've been making myself and my class buddies nuts trying to calculate deco. (My degraded math skills suck).

I'm gonna be soooo ready for a 15' 2-hour dive when I get back.

And I've seen Bobbits there, but never more than one at a time...scary buggers when we're so close to the bottom taking photos...any more multiple sightings and I may start wearing a sports cup.

But it was fun to watch you scrounge my knife too and then try with both hands!! I agree with Adurso....I'm a big chicken and hate getting stung by anything.

We've exchanged comments in the Pub, but I didn't know you got down this way. Next time feel free to give me a shout if you want to buddy up.

I am there frequently, usually with my wife or daughter.

I will contact you next time I am down

A month ago on a dive at the BHB, I had my hand in the sand---the really white, lifeless sand, stabilizing against a strong outgoing tide, as Sandra and Jimmy Abernethy were trying to get shots of an octopus....and all of a sudden, I felt this really shocking and stabing pain on the edge of my hand....there had been a tiny hole in the sand, and a Bobbit Worm had come out, bit my hand, then darted back in. A small amount of blood was coming out of my hand...Surprise was my major response, because I had seen nothing in the sand before.
The Bobbits are Nasty!!!

nobobbitwormsatthebridgenobobbitwormsatthebridgenobobbitwormsatthebridge ...

If you look close you can see some bulge in the second one from Dan's hand......

Attachments

• BHB-201308050645.jpg
    BHB-201308050645.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 86
  • BHB-201308050680.jpg
    BHB-201308050680.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 84
juvinele big head searobin, like this?
Little bugger did not want to be photographed...

View attachment 162678

Lacking Sully's id skills this was a best guess, very tiny....
John

Attachments

• BHB-201308050587.jpg
    BHB-201308050587.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 145
WOW. Based on Jet"s am report from Mondaay we had high hopes....
Image showing up 2 hours early to find tanic brown wanter and even a turtle carcass washing the west rocks.....
Granted we are two hours early but the "" forbidden" life of the swim area is addictive....
Around 6 ish blue water started pouring in........
the faithful are rewarded.........
With all respect-and props to J&J.,
BAMMMMM !!!!!
the list is shattered!!!!!!!
Life time critter to be named later outed,
3 hours worth of surprises to follow.
Short list with photo-video props:
Juvenile BIg Eye (personal goal listeee)
Juvenile Rough back batfish (great color)
Juvenile BIg Head Searobin????
Multiple Bobbbit worms.
Juvenile buffalo trunkfish aka green spongebob's
feeding and free wheeling juvie eagle rays...
much, much, more,,,,.,
another average BHB night dive.................
Pictures and dare I say video to follow.
John

Whoops, meant Juvenile short big eye (Pristigenys alta)
Got to watch that mur and posting......

Attachments

• BHB-201308050669.jpg
    BHB-201308050669.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom