Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll share just a few:

1) visited the sponge garden
2) been yelled at by the lifeguard
3) know where to hide when the current rips
4) know how to navigate your way back (underwater -no periscoping) when vis drops to zero
5) seen every critter on Jenny's list (the given being you know what list I'm referring to)

:wink:

Should we add FWC Stealth and Avoidance skills for when we irresponsibly choose to dive without a flag and hear a boat searching around on top of us?
Of course, this is getting flat on the bottom, streamlining yourself with camera tucked, and doing large horizontal breath holds to breathe again far enough away to elude the Revenue ( tickets for profit) attempts.... :)
I am thinking of teaching some classes on this :)

Should we add FWC Stealth and Avoidance skills for when we irresponsibly choose to dive without a flag and hear a boat searching around on top of us?
Of course, this is getting flat on the bottom, streamlining yourself with camera tucked, and doing large horizontal breath holds to breathe again far enough away to elude the Revenue ( tickets for profit) attempts.... :)

I was going to say something about FWC avoidance and the boat channel but then thought better of it. Because. A. True. Troll. Would. Never. Venture. Into. The. Boat. Channel. For a little lookie loo.

I'll share just a few:

1) visited the sponge garden
2) been yelled at by the lifeguard
3) know where to hide when the current rips
4) know how to navigate your way back (underwater -no periscoping) when vis drops to zero
5) seen every critter on Jenny's list (the given being you know what list I'm referring to)

:wink:

I got yelled at on first dive for ow. I was just checking my buoyancy and of course was grossly overweight and sunk. Then got yelled at.

Now jenny's list is pretty extensive and its a work in progress. But I have seen some cool things not on the list.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added August 4th, 2013 at 08:26 AM ----------

You could submit it to padi and call it something like Troll Ticket Avoidance. Can be listed with the zombie course. Id sign up.

Seriously they go out looking for you? I haven't seen this happen yet.

---------- Post added August 4th, 2013 at 08:28 AM ----------

The criteria is secret. However, you have been a Troll In Training. Your training will be complete after this Sundays night dive. You have shown troll standards by keeping your feet off the bottom and not causing a silt out, keeping your arms and hands tucked in, not revealing the secret location of troll wildlife, kiteing the flag without the whine shown by a certain other troll. Your only infraction was revealing the secret location of the most secret dive bar Brass Ring causing trolls to be wait listed. After the night dive you will be taken to the secret dive bar by the trolls for the best burger in town and to discuss the dive and will be shown the most secret underwater troll hand signal. At that time you will become an official troll and must immediately buy a BHB t-shirt from FE or order a troll t-shirt from Cafe Press. With this honor comes great responsibility. You must always show good form underwater. Good luck. And as jimw would say...... WWMND.

That should be Monday night dive... even the date is secret.

I'm wondering if I should be worried. :)

Naw.....almost everyone survives it.

Almost.

Did you guys also explain that that at the end of the novitiate he is required to buy the first round?

What's a trolls favorite drink? :)

What's a trolls favorite drink? :)

The DoubleTree by Hilton ( one of our Dive Resorts) created a drink for us they are calling an "Into the Blue", which are AKA'd as a "Jessica Alba"....it is blue from Curacou, has Rum and a few other things... I like it!
Then there is the Bahama Mama, the Goombay Smash.....Rum Runner....any of these "should be" served at the BHB after diving and when we go over our Discoveries and Adventures......... the Parks Dept may object a bit though :)

Longboat Whatchamacallits at the east side of the bridge serves Bloody Marys with breakfast after an early dive, and I personally would be delighted to drink anything called a Jessica Alba.

However the best drink I ever had at the bridge was a frosty winter morning where I came out of the water blue and shivering, and cut a water bottle in half to make an extra cup so the BBs could generously share a split of their steaming hot cocoa. (There may even be a picture of the moment somewhere back in the archives).

I burned my fingers a bit, but can still taste the first sip...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom