Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BHB Collection

Lets get back on track with some pictures.

At the risk of boring folks to death, I wandered over to Flickr and stuffed all my BHB sets into a "collection". I clearly value quantity over quality. :D Collection: BHB Sets I'm currently less than a year behind with getting BHB sets up on Flickr. . .

Hoping to make it down the weekend after this coming one and try to join the crowd for the Saturday night dive.

Looks like the troll icon has done been stole. . .

And, would still *love* to have someone turn this mask in to Force E or something. Lost it somehow a while back. :crying2: BTW, that's a *really* good design for "readers" in yer dive mask.

lost mask.jpg

Kevin

LOL. At least one of us would have seen it!
Got tied up and guess I will have till tomorrow when it posts to reef.....
drat.. shoulda stayed on and listened..

On sharing... and our favorite couple.

Kind of on the "sharing" topic:

My buddy and I were diving BHB over a 5-day period in mid-March. We were guided to the area of this pair of sea horses by another photographer (only one sea horse at the time), but there was another photographer giving lessons. We waited patiently, taking the opportunity to photograph several other critters in the area. As we waited, I felt there was no obligation on the teacher's part to give up the spot - he was giving lessons on a perfect subject. We ambled on to another area and came back by about 15-20 minutes later. They were still there - watching, not photographing - and motioned us in. Perfect way to share. Opportunities abound - look for other subjects and circle back around later in the dive.

The following day, we were first on site and found the pair together. We both watched and photographed the pair for quite some time and noticed another photographer waiting in the wings. As we both had plenty of photos, we backed out and motioned her in. She shot a few frames and backed away as well. We were in more-or-less a triangle around the pair - each about 6 - 8 feet away. The pair had been somewhat stationary to that point, when they suddenly moved up into the water column and began their dance. Had we not backed off to share, I doubt we would have witnessed this sequence. I know I would have been too close to record it. As it happened, I was stopped down too far (f20) to get very good exposures, but opted to keep shooting rather than miss the action while making adjustments. All the photos are heavily processed.

What a great time to be in the water. And what an experience to be able to share with others - both in the water at the time and through photos after the dive.

FL_120328_BHB_2897.jpgFL_120328_BHB_2899.jpgFL_120328_BHB_2902.jpgFL_120328_BHB_2907.jpgFL_120328_BHB_2908.jpgFL_120328_BHB_2910.jpgFL_120328_BHB_2911b.jpgFL_120328_BHB_2912.jpg

Very nice, Number 7 would make a great Valentines card!

Fantastic conditions for todays dive. Nice blue water and 40 plus on the viz to start the dive.
Temps at and holding steady at 78F on my computer. My same ocean dive buddy who I passed briefly
during the dive saw a couple spotted eagle rays and I was busy counting pilings to locate the sailboat
on my next night dive. (4 pilings from the west seawall of the east span). Saw a couple freedivers diving
down around the other submerged boat a bit further east directly under bridge, pretty cool. Dive time 95 minutes,
depth 22 fsw, temps 78F. Water was noticeably warmer on a 90 minute dive with 3mm full and 3mm beanie.

---------- Post added May 11th, 2012 at 06:47 PM ----------

Viz dropped off a bit today but temperatures up one degree from thursday at 79F.
About 25 ft on the viz today, less but still very diveable. Tide turning pretty quick the
last couple days, about 50 minutes after slack noticeable current. Not real strong before
high tide today which was unusual. Dive time 91 minutes, 23 fsw, 79F degrees.

Is anybody diving tomorrow?

yep.. are you?

Yes I did! Didn't think I'd make it. I got a late start out of Key Largo. Hit the water right at 2:30, did a 1:40 dive.

79 deg, 30 ft viz.

DAMN I NEEDED THAT! I LOVE BHB!

Ended up not going. My buddy couldn't make it, so I decided I really didn't want to make the drive. How crowded was it? I would assume pretty bad...(main reason for not going)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom