Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The theme for friday mornings dive seemed to be the rays and schooling fish. I saw four eagle rays and many southern rays.
Lots of schooling baitfish both small and mid size. Also the jacks were schooling up north of the east bridge. The viz dropped off
a bit as well as the temps from thursday afternoon. It was still very good diving with viz at least 30 ft and I showed 75F on the temps,
down almost five degrees from thursday but still comfortable. 22 fsw, 93 minutes, 75F degrees...

Jenny, I'm guessing the fin is probably from thursdays evening dive. Other than your group and myself there was only one other
guy diving at least on the east side. He did not mention anything after the dive.

2 things..
1. I have in my possession a fin that somebody obviously lost. If you can identify it, it probably is yours
2. there are frog fish at the bridge.. gimme a few minutes to download photos from today's dive..

Blue Wenoka Reeflex--lost about 3-4 years ago--on the east side BHB??? Once mouthed by a nurse shark, it has sentimental value!

sorry, that's not the fin I have.

Question -- we did not make the annual Florida trip in 2011, but we are set to be at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea in July. Construction at Blue Heron Bridge? Did we miss that? And night dives via Force E? Is that a dive club thing, or open to the aspiring flatlander?

Question -- we did not make the annual Florida trip in 2011, but we are set to be at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea in July. Construction at Blue Heron Bridge? Did we miss that? And night dives via Force E? Is that a dive club thing, or open to the aspiring flatlander?

You have missed construction at BHB, the east side is OPEN! The Force E nite dives are open to all--flatlander, hill folk, even Oklahumans--take a look at their Facebook page for a schedule.:D

2. there are frog fish at the bridge.. gimme a few minutes to download photos from today's dive..

I look forward to seeing them. TIA

Kevin

yes! Whoo hoo!! Pygmy frogfish!!!
379268_10150820640208531_564528530_9464704_726399763_n.jpg

Yesterday's dive was great. Especially diving with a buoyancy babe! I started with a short fill and had a bad O ring so only got 120 minutes but it was filled with great critters, warm water and nice viz.
Seeing the dwarf frogfish was something as was this spotted cleaner shrimp.
Blue Heron Bridge A Spotted Cleaner Shrimp.jpg

(OCD) I think its a Pederson's Cleaner Shrimp :)

Also, got a message that the dwarf frog fish may be a sargassum fish.. thoughts?

(OCD) I think its a Pederson's Cleaner Shrimp :)

Also, got a message that the dwarf frog fish may be a sargassum fish.. thoughts?
Looking at the legs and tail on my other images leads me to stay with cleaner but most books say it is almost impossible to tell without a microscope. but that might be a sargassum frogfish

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom