Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viz down just a skosh today but still very diveable. Temps steady at 79F trying to get back to that 80F mark.
Pretty good crowd this morning mostly at west bridge so I was happy to have the east bridge pretty much
traffic free under and north of the bridge. I've been exploring the boat docks on the east bank north of the
little bridge. Lots of fishing line so be aware if you do venture into this area. Saw a very large honeycomb eel
around some of the old concrete beams that have been dropped there. I thought they may have been from the
recent construction on the bridge but I have been told they have been there for a while. Nice weather topside and
everyone seemed to have enjoyed their dives. 21 fsw, 89 minutes, 79F degrees...

I ended up having a nice solo dive this morning. It was supposed to be three of us but one buddy had car trouble and the other a reg malfunction. I also had issues (leaky reg) so my dive wasn't as long as I normally go. I was already using my back-up reg with no computer. I don't know water temp but I was comfortable in my 5mm full w/ 3mm vest, no skin & no beanie. The water is definitely warming up. Vis was easily 30 ft.

I happened upon a pregnant male sea horse that I think might have been in labor. He kept swimming up into the water column and bucking with his belly. I stayed until I had just enough air to get me back to shore. Sad to have missed the birth. But also relieved in a way since my buddies were not there to share it with me. To have witnessed that alone, under those circumstances, would have been too unfair.

5 22 2.jpg

Last edited:
Update for the BHB Dive Party.
We will be diving at BHB on October 20th.
There is also several people that will be staying in Key Largo between October 18th and October 26th. We have several things planned there as well. We will be doing a boat charter with Ocean Divers. Going to Lauderdale by the Sea for diving and site seeing and also will be in Key Largo of course to dive and site see. We hope you will all join us there as well.
If any of you would be planning on staying in Key Largo, We have found out that there is a convention there a couple of the days we will be there. The hotels we have spoke with have advised us that we should get our reservations in asap so we will make sure we have a room. There is several hotels that are totally booked.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year. :)
Happy and Safe Diving.
MedFlame03

Planning on diving BHB Tuesday, what's the water temperature and viz report this weekend?? OMG, I had to go to page TWO to find the TROLL thread!!!

It was a little cooler yesterday. I had 77°, which means everybody else had 79°, LOL Vis was about 40 ft. before the tide change. Kinda green, but not bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom