Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grobiog-
Force E of Riviera just west of the bridge is a great resource and Jet? posted a cool link to www.protides . (Lake Worth . Port of Palm Beach) tht I have found to be very good.
Hope that helps.
John

Grobiog-
Force E of Riviera just west of the bridge is a great resource and Jet? posted a cool link to www.protides . (Lake Worth . Port of Palm Beach) tht I have found to be very good.
Hope that helps.
John

Yeah, it does help, thanks, I'll get in touch with Force-e.

---------- Post added May 8th, 2012 at 09:20 PM ----------

Just sounds like too many damn divers for one place.

Is it always crowded there? Any days or times that are less crowded? I would assume weekends are busy and would want to avoid that.

Jenny I know what you mean, I will say it is down to having fun and good imaging or not I have more fun when I can show others the cool stuff I find. Speaking of which I think some of your stuff is great, you have a good eye for the tiny stuff!
John

Is it always crowded there? Any days or times that are less crowded? I would assume weekends are busy and would want to avoid that.
Weekdays are definitely less crowded as is early morning. Weekday, early morning dive? bliss! Weekend mid afternoon dive? Arrive a half hour earlier to find a parking spot, and bring an extra dose of "patience" and "empathy for others" when you see something that upsets you.

Weekends are worst but it is a big area and some of my best dives have been with crowds and low vis
I guess it makes me focus down more on the area in front of me.
Any dive there is usually great.

What about night, thats what I'm more interested on, it's a park right? Time they close, any day, is it dangerous/iluminated parking lot,, anything I should know?

Long story short, night dives are only done either from a boat, or through one of the local shops that has the insurance policy for the liability. That would be Force E. They schedule night dives a couple times a month. Checking out their FB page is the best place for that info.

While I can agree with you.. just what is a time limit??? It's not the casual observer that seems to be the problem, its the big hunkin rig camera divers that are. They seem to lay claim on the critters and will NOT let others look, shoot, etc. True story. End of last year there was a mated pair of seahorses that seemed like everybody knew about. We actually rushed to get to them before the big cameras because we knew if they beat us there, we wouldn't be able to even look at them. One time, we got there late. (I have a rinky dink little camera.) After waiting 10 minutes patiently, I finally asked the photog if I could take a photo. He did say Ok, and I was on my way in minutes. But if I hadn't asked, he would have just kept on taking photos. Sometimes I think the bigger the camera, the smaller the courtesy brain cell. How's that go? Big camera no brains? LOL
Sounds like someone has camera envy

What about night, thats what I'm more interested on, it's a park right? Time they close, any day, is it dangerous/iluminated parking lot,, anything I should know?

Might be a good time to mention Cooltech's website: Blue Heron Bridge It has an excellent overview of BHB and covers most FAQ's.

The tide table is old but John's above mentioned site can give you current info. Besides, Jim has been preoccupied with silly, non-diving life stuff recently, like working on his MBA (PhD?), daughter getting married, etc. Also heard he recently got engaged himself? Congrats!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom