Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My limited experience has been that if a BHB creature is working on a burrow, they are likely to completely ignore me - even the very most, otherwise, skittish ones. Is there a rule about this or something? :D

Had the nicest wait staff at this restaurant last trip down. Took our pitcher real nice - me with three of my heroes.

Kevin

View attachment 121063

Rob, Patrice & Steve. Not a bad group.

Nice Avatar Kevin :wink:

As long as the female sticks around, the males will stay close by.

Might you anticipate my next question? :D

I did not in any way advocate for spear fishing and in fact you will find my posts are against the practice at the bridge. (As an aside, I gave up underwater hunting 16 years ago)

I do know that "the powers that be" are trying to diminish the threat of this dangerously invasive species and are exploring options like using the "lion tamer" at the bridge.

It may be a mixed message, but I don't equate spearfishing and nuisance eradication as the same thing.

A lion tamer carried in a manner that indicates that it was capable of being used within 300 feet of the fishing pier would be illegal based on my reading of the laws. To suggest otherwise, is probably not a good idea.

I don't think we want to promote spearfishing at the site within close proximity of the pier, regardless of your own personal interpretation (that spearing of a certain species of fish, with a mechanically propelled spear is not spearfishing)

Kev-
I found a new spot with a few females and lent an unknown photog my mirror trick to provoke some good displays.
I still think the "one" I showed you is the biggest character though.
I have some great video if I ever get around to editing it.
I'm working on my squat lobster opus now........
John:D

Kev-
I found a new spot with a few females and lent an unknown photog my mirror trick to provoke some good displays.
I still think the "one" I showed you is the biggest character though.
I have some great video if I ever get around to editing it.
I'm working on my squat lobster opus now........
John:D

Can't wait for the video - or *any* of yer video that you get around to, John.

Are you saying that the females will do some displaying with the mirror, too?? I can't imagine a greater character than my buddy that you introduced me to. I suspect, though, that he must be blind by now from all the strobe flashes.

Kevin

Kev-
Yes, the females put on a good territorial display but aren't as flashy, promise you will see it eventually.....
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom