Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Jim :worship:

I second the "already an orge........."

Congrats!

A Google search for "crusty ogre" turned up this:

Main Entry: peevish
Part of Speech:adjective
Definition:irritable, testy
Synonyms: acrimonious, angry, bad-tempered, cantankerous, captious, carping, caviling, childish, churlish, complaining, crabbed, cranky, critical, cross, crotchety, crusty, cussed, fault-finding, fractious, fretful, fretting, grouchy, grousing, growling, grumpy, huffy, ill-natured, mean, morose, obstinate, ogre , ornery, out-of-sorts, pertinacious, petulant, querulous, short-tempered, snappy, splenetic, sulky, sullen, surly, tetchy, touchy, ugly, waspish, waspy, whining
Antonyms:accepting, friendly, happy, pleasant

Congrats!

A Google search for "crusty ogre" turned up this:

Main Entry:
peevish
Part of Speech:
adjective
Definition:
irritable, testy
Synonyms:
acrimonious, angry, bad-tempered, cantankerous, captious, carping, caviling, childish, churlish, complaining, crabbed, cranky, critical, cross, crotchety, crusty, cussed, fault-finding, fractious, fretful, fretting, grouchy, grousing, growling, grumpy, huffy, ill-natured, mean, morose, obstinate, ogre , ornery, out-of-sorts, pertinacious, petulant, querulous, short-tempered, snappy, splenetic, sulky, sullen, surly, tetchy, touchy, ugly, waspish, waspy, whining
Antonyms:
accepting, friendly, happy, pleasant
Hey I resent the fact that agonistic wasn't mentioned!!!

The one critter that I can never spy is the elusive frogfish. In all my dives at BHB (#93 or 94? with Jim yesterday morning), I think I've only seen four without assistance. But we're in the season where we should start seeing them. Well, everyone but me that is.

In honor of the official start of frogfish season, here is one of my lucky finds from last year.

[video=youtube;KHy24c7aub8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHy24c7aub8[/video]

Frog season

In honor of the official start of frogfish season

Well, dang. I'd been told that May and June were the only times that froggies show up at the bridge, and now I've already committed myself to old man tennis tournaments for April. :depressed: I've found exactly *one* froggy on my own (at the bridge) - on the same dive during which my only other one had been pointed out to me. I *have* seen hundreds of those striated jobs that turned out not to be fish. . .

Kevin

IMG_0993wa.jpgIMG_1029wa.jpg

Made an effort to blur out the more familiar looking pieces of shell. :D

Kevin

View attachment 120543

Maybe a black bar across the eyes to protect his identity might help.....
Nice Shot. :D

Well, dang. I'd been told that May and June were the only times that froggies show up at the bridge, and now I've already committed myself to old man tennis tournaments for April. :depressed: I've found exactly *one* froggy on my own (at the bridge) - on the same dive during which my only other one had been pointed out to me. I *have* seen hundreds of those striated jobs that turned out not to be fish. . .

Kevin

View attachment 120629View attachment 120630

People start seeing them by mid-April and I found one as late as Sept. But mostly May-June. Your photos are "Pink" and "Mr Potato Head" from last year May or June so no worries if you don't make it down now in April. Pink is a perfect example of an animal who's habitat was destroyed (sat upon?) and therefore disappeared. I don't know if he was collected but his pink coral house was trashed.

p.s. I spent quite a bit of time on yesterday's dive looking at clumps of "striated grass."

Maybe a black bar across the eyes to protect his identity might help.....
Nice Shot. :D

Dang, zorro mask didn't take.......

People start seeing them by mid-April and I found one as late as Sept. But mostly May-June. Your photos are "Pink" and "Mr Potato Head" from last year May or June so no worries if you don't make it down now in April. Pink is a perfect example of an animal who's habitat was destroyed (sat upon?) and therefore disappeared. I don't know if he was collected but his pink coral house was trashed.

p.s. I spent quite a bit of time on yesterday's dive looking at clumps of "striated grass."

Mr Potato Head entered the froggie protection program, and was relocated to an undisclosed location......

222722_2066037853472_1320540436_32416486_3763205_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom