Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
. Where exactly is that lionfish? Is it STILL alive?? Might there be two? One under the east span, and one near the pilings?
:rofl3:

Jenny, a single lionfish has taken up residence at the submerged boat that is between the first and second pilings from the east sea
wall of the east span bridge. It is usually hovering on the starboard side of the hull close to the sand. I have heard of a second near the boat docks.
Not sure if the boat docks south of the small bridge or the docks near the ramp ?

---------- Post added April 5th, 2012 at 02:14 AM ----------

Is the Force E night dive thursday or friday ?

thanks. Sounds like there are two lionfish..

Force E night dive is tonight.

If anyone wants to try the reefs off of the singer Island Beach Friday, I will be there for a Tooka Day ...I will be happy to show you where the reefs are..... I will most likely be 100 yards south of the Hilton, with the Tooka, and in front of the Marriott Ocean Palms.
As long as you plan on having some kind of snack at the Hilton, ( at their coconuts tiki bar), I believe parking is free. All summer, this is very easy, as occupancy drops in summer--when diving is best. If anyone has any issue at all, just let me know about it, and I can alert the Hilton management that a more optimal flow is required :)

The Hilton actually "wants" divers to try the reefs, and hang out with divers already staying at the Hilton, and diving on the boats....it fits the ZEN they are looking for.

I am getting Sandra to take some photos of these reefs later today -- hopefully.

Dan, check out this web cam site for lake worth inlet. On the second view from the top is looking
to the northeast. Are these the groups of buildings you're referring to ? Also on a nautical chart I show
a little drop off out about .2 to .3 miles from shore. Is there a reef line out there and maybe this drop off
is the backside of the first reef ? I checked a link that was posted showing the blocks but the streets seemed to
be north of blue heron bridge Blvd. Is there anything off shore toward the south end of singer island around
the area of the web cam ?

Lake Worth Inlet Web Cam

Dan, check out this web cam site for lake worth inlet. On the second view from the top is looking
to the northeast. Are these the groups of buildings you're referring to ? Also on a nautical chart I show
a little drop off out about .2 to .3 miles from shore. Is there a reef line out there and maybe this drop off
is the backside of the first reef ? I checked a link that was posted showing the blocks but the streets seemed to
be north of blue heron bridge Blvd. Is there anything off shore toward the south end of singer island around
the area of the web cam ?

Lake Worth Inlet Web Cam

The Google Earth view DD offered is the only shot we have right now that really shows the reefs....the inlet web cam pic number two "may" be showing the 1st reef of the 2 reef area, but it is so far off in the wide angle shot, I can't really say.
I will be out there alot as we ramp up this diving for non-divers thing with the Tooka program, so it would be very easy for me to show you or any of the others where this is.
If any of you want to get a hold of me, either use dan@sfdj.com ( which I can get on my phone) or 561-685-9242

---------- Post added April 5th, 2012 at 11:51 AM ----------

There is not much of a drop off by these reefs....depth is around 11 to 14 feet....the variation due to bottom contour more than a reef line issue.
We would have to swim out a very long way to hit a drop off :) If someone wants to sometime, I'll be game for it though :) Figure about a half mile at least..

Worst 200th Bridge dive ever! :amazed: Jet and I had a great dawn dive today and she helped me usher in my 200th BHB dive...does that qualify me as an ogre?
The viz was 30 and water temp a nice 77. Very mild current for our 2 hour 10 minute dive.

There were lots of nice critters to greet us and I'm looking forward to a fun night dive tonight.
Thanks Jet!
Blue Heron Bridge 200th bridge dive Scorpionfish.jpg

Worst 200th Bridge dive ever! :amazed: Jet and I had a great dawn dive today and she helped me usher in my 200th BHB dive...does that qualify me as an ogre?
The viz was 30 and water temp a nice 77. Very mild current for our 2 hour 10 minute dive.

There were lots of nice critters to greet us and I'm looking forward to a fun night dive tonight.
Thanks Jet!
View attachment 120524

Congrats Jim. Now you have me curious as to how many bridge dives I have done over the past 14 years.

And you have been and Ogre :wink:

Thanks Jet!

It was another one of those magical "once in a lifetime" dives that when it ended we both surfaced and started laughing from the pure joy of it. That's why I said, very facetiously, I bet you're going to say that's the worst 200th bridge dive ever.

Here's my contribution from today. Have fun tonight and Hoppy Easter, everyone!

BHB 4-5 1.jpg

Congrats Jim :worship:

I second the "already an orge........."

blur

Made an effort to blur out the more familiar looking pieces of shell. :D

Kevin

IMG_3938wa.jpg

I am with you 100%.
My point being I dive the bridge a lot and a close up of a lined seahorse face doesn't help me location wise.
I just haven't seen any pictures that "give" the location away recently.
We are on the same side I just don't see what is being revealed in posts lately, if you have a specific example pm me.
I think I know the bridge fairly well......
If it was Kevin we can ban him to the ocean rocks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom