Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diving is permitted from sunrise to sunset outside of the guarded swimming area. For information on how to obtain a permit for group night dives, call (561) 963-6707.

VAGRANCY
Phil Foster Park is open for public use from sunrise to sunset with the exception of the boat ramps that are open to the public 24-Hours a day. After hours, the only patrons permitted in the park are those launching or retrieving their vessel from the boat ramps. All others in the park after hours will be considered trespassing and subject to enforcement action.

here is a good link: Harvesting of Tropical Fish

Look for more info from the menu on the left

WOW, they confirmed that the recreational collection of tropical fish at the park is authorized!

WOW, they confirmed that the recreational collection of tropical fish at the park is authorized!
only for private individuals under strict guidelines with the proper permits which you must have on your posession but it is discouraged. Commercial harvesting is prohibited and they did confirm spearing or using knives is prohibited as well by county ordinance.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

only for private individuals under strict guidelines with the proper permits which you must have on your posession but it is discouraged. Commercial harvesting is prohibited and they did confirm spearing or using knives is prohibited as well by county ordinance.

The only reason I bothered to reply to Dumpster was to dispell the notion that harvesting is an activity which is often practiced at the bridge...while some short sighted, selfish people might feel it is ok, most of the diving population who frequent the bridge cherish the site, and wish to preserve it by taking only memories and leaving only bubbles.

He tries to stir the pot but it just won't work.

Yer killin me!! I've also been dying to find a baby jackknife! Great stuff. :)

Kevin

Okay, so I didn't post yesterday (Wed photos) because I only managed to process one photo. One of those zen moments underwater. It'll have to wait a few weeks to protect the innocent. Three photographers were shooting at the same time - sure wish I had thought about recording it in video, but it all happened so fast ... Should be a few more sea horses in a few weeks.

Last day of my trip to BHB was yesterday (Thursday). Close to 3 hours - nice leisurely dive. Here are a few highlights. Lionfish is still parked under the hull.

Kevin: flipped a few more urchins - found another shrimp, but like yesterday, it was uncooperative. Include one shot for posterity.

Lots of fry in the water and the damsels - especially sargent majors - are active producing the next generation. Maroon patches everywhere.

Until next year...

Kevin
I can help you with a juvenile drum which is what I believe was pictured.
Jackknife fish are harder (for me anyway) to find.
I will wait to hear back from individual involved but am guessing he would know on how he obtained his night dive permit.
I have run late and ended up coming out after dark but was guessing I was running the risk of a ticket
(or break in).... What I risk for the sport!!!

Legality aside we will have an "interaction" if I run into someone collecting at the bridge.
Far as I know if they think collecting is permitted then there is also no law on my jumping their sh*t either.....
:no:

Legality aside we will have an "interaction" if I run into someone collecting at the bridge.
Far as I know if they think collecting is permitted then there is also no law on my jumping their sh*t either.....

I've only come across it once in the water...I didn't try to jump anyone but am embarrassed to admit I did get too close while watching their technique...pity I'm so darned clumsy and have such poor dive skills.

I've only come across it once in the water...I didn't try to jump anyone but am embarrassed to admit I did get too close while watching their technique...pity I'm so darned clumsy and have such poor dive skills.

It amazes me how quickly my own meager skills deteriorate when I watch someone trying to harvest wildlife. And my divealert squeaker keeps going off too. I've even been known to completely lose my bouyancy and even ...gasp....bump into divers.
Hate it when that happens.

It amazes me how quickly my own meager skills deteriorate when I watch someone trying to harvest wildlife. And my divealert squeaker keeps going off too. I've even been known to completely lose my bouyancy and even ...gasp....bump into divers.
Hate it when that happens.

I as well. I tend to tilling the bottom.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

The only reason I bothered to reply to Dumpster was to dispell the notion that harvesting is an activity which is often practiced at the bridge...while some short sighted, selfish people might feel it is ok, most of the diving population who frequent the bridge cherish the site, and wish to preserve it by taking only memories and leaving only bubbles.

He tries to stir the pot but it just won't work.

I really like DD. He is I great resource for information. Only place our paths diverge is during discussions regarding this precious location.

Kevin

Not only is it illegal to harass or interfere with someone legally harvesting fish or game, the FWC is most eager to enforce this law when they receive a complaint. Seen it happen.... Be careful the law is not on your side.

The 2011 Florida Statutes, Title XXVIII

NATURAL RESOURCES; CONSERVATION, RECLAMATION, AND USE, Chapter 379, FISH AND WILDLIFE CONSERVATION

379.105 Harassment of hunters, trappers, or fishers.—

(1) A person may not intentionally, within a publicly or privately owned wildlife management or fish management area or on any state-owned water body:
(a) Interfere with or attempt to prevent the lawful taking of fish, game, or nongame animals by another.
(b) Attempt to disturb fish, game, or nongame animals or attempt to affect their behavior with the intent to prevent their lawful taking by another.
(2) Any person who violates this section commits a Level Two violation under s. 379.401.
History.—s. 2, ch. 90-170; s. 27, ch. 2006-304; s. 9, ch. 2008-247.
Note.—Former s. 372.705.

Not only is it illegal to harass or interfere with someone legally harvesting fish or game, the FWC is most eager to enforce this law when they receive a complaint. Seen it happen.... Be careful the law is not on your side.

The 2011 Florida Statutes, Title XXVIII

NATURAL RESOURCES; CONSERVATION, RECLAMATION, AND USE, Chapter 379, FISH AND WILDLIFE CONSERVATION

379.105 Harassment of hunters, trappers, or fishers.—

(1) A person may not intentionally, within a publicly or privately owned wildlife management or fish management area or on any state-owned water body:
(a) Interfere with or attempt to prevent the lawful taking of fish, game, or nongame animals by another.
(b) Attempt to disturb fish, game, or nongame animals or attempt to affect their behavior with the intent to prevent their lawful taking by another.
(2) Any person who violates this section commits a Level Two violation under s. 379.401.
History.—s. 2, ch. 90-170; s. 27, ch. 2006-304; s. 9, ch. 2008-247.
Note.—Former s. 372.705.

I'll take my chances as who is going to prove my actions are intentional?

The offense must be proven beyond reasonable doubt. This is one I'd love to defend on a Pro Se basis as it would be almost impossible to lose. And if I lost the fine would be worth the result.

Not only that who is to say we were not going after the same thing?
Ill take my chances, accidents happen.
I also think FWC will stay out of it unless they have proof.
Working for a Sheriff's office probably won't hurt.....

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

I also think the no collecting signs cover any confusion over the "lawful taking" part.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom