Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to ratchet down my viz rating system. A regular dive buddy of mine kids me that after diving venice
for a number of years everything over here looks like 60 foot plus on the viz, she may be right !

Some good video woulda been the two of us tumbling over each other, drifting in the current and stirring up the silt. :D I don't need no stinkin releases. . .

Kevin
OK, ask and thee shall receive.
You are now a celebrity:D
Enjoy.

Juvenile Trumpet fish adopts me on Vimeo

That was an incredible video (good back ground music too). At first, I assumed the trumpet fish was seeing its image in your lense or dome. But seeing it hover over the color cards makes me wonder. thanks for posting the video

I had a 93 minute dive at the bridge today with a Bouyancy Babe. Life just doesn't get much better, great dive, lots of critters and even a "bring" from Equador...
The viz today saw fine at about 60-70 feet and the temp is holding at 77-78 and we saw all the usual suspects...but leave it to jet to lead me right to a pair of common octopus who were so "not fighting". We took dirty movies and went off to explore other areas :whistling:...when we returned they were having a cigarette...:wink:

Thanks Jet!
View attachment 119880

Thank You, Jim!! It was quite the dive, wasn't it? (Sorry about cutting it short ... my reg was free-flowing ... Already at the shop). But wow! 5 octopuses including the not-fighting pair, southern ray, flying gurnard, plus the usual.

And upon exiting a fellow diver said "How 'bout that turtle?!?" What???? Apparently a big ole loggerhead was swimming about today, too. One more thing for your bucket list, Kevin.

Here's my version of the tryst and another single one we saw.

BHB 3-29 2.jpg BHB3-29 1.jpg

I had to ratchet down my viz rating system. A regular dive buddy of mine kids me that after diving venice
for a number of years everything over here looks like 60 foot plus on the viz, she may be right !
Easy way to start getting distance down is look at another diver and do body lengths...1 diver fins and all about 7-8 feet...10 diver lengths 70-80.
It isn't to hard and then you can check by bringing a measured piece of line and see how close you are.

That was an incredible video (good back ground music too). At first, I assumed the trumpet fish was seeing its image in your lense or dome. But seeing it hover over the color cards makes me wonder. thanks for posting the video
Crazy but I couldn't move that baby fish.
It clung to me like the only sargasso bed in the world.
He would let me "push" him to other divers but would always return to hover somewhere just under me. I even hovered just over other good structure he could blend in with but he wouldn't quit.
Glad you liked it, stills often make the subject more colorful but I find for documenting behavior the video really shows the story.
Selecting the music and which clips make the cut is the hardest part.
John

And upon exiting a fellow diver said "How 'bout that turtle?!?" What???? Apparently a big ole loggerhead was swimming about today, too. One more thing for your bucket list, Kevin.

Don't get me started on "not fighting" loggerheads. :) threesome | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Kevin

OK, this week I registered the domain "ScubaTrolls.com" with godaddy.com as the registrar. I registered it on g-daddy because I had a client who registered with g-daddy and I wanted to walk them through the process they were wanting to complete... I will eventually be moving all info away from PC Tech Shop and moving it to Scuba Trolls. Additionally, now that I have my new job schedule - convenient to my college schedule, I will be able to update the site and the calendar as well as keep it up to date once I get everything transferred to ScubaTrolls.com

It's time to start thinking about a "Scuba Trolls" dive club so one person's life is not dependent on all the information for keeping the website up to date. What do you think? I believe the bylaws for a non-profit org. should be able to support at least the minimum value of membership, including some type of e-magazine with pictures and updates... whether voluntary in nature or as stipulation of membership...

I tend to lean toward the stipulation for the purposes of setting up night dives that include insurance for the dives...

The coffee talk is now open...

OK, this week I registered the domain "ScubaTrolls.com" with godaddy.com as the registrar. I registered it on g-daddy because I had a client who registered with g-daddy and I wanted to walk them through the process they were wanting to complete... I will eventually be moving all info away from PC Tech Shop and moving it to Scuba Trolls. Additionally, now that I have my new job schedule - convenient to my college schedule, I will be able to update the site and the calendar as well as keep it up to date once I get everything transferred to ScubaTrolls.com

It's time to start thinking about a "Scuba Trolls" dive club so one person's life is not dependent on all the information for keeping the website up to date. What do you think? I believe the bylaws for a non-profit org. should be able to support at least the minimum value of membership, including some type of e-magazine with pictures and updates... whether voluntary in nature or as stipulation of membership...

I tend to lean toward the stipulation for the purposes of setting up night dives that include insurance for the dives...

The coffee talk is now open...

I'd never join any group that would allow me to be a member....

Seriously, having been involved with a number of non profits and setting up of same there is a lot involved and even with boiler plate it will be a chore.
Our little group will become more "rigid". I'm not a huge fan of clubs but if the group here has valid reasons to form same, I'd likely be interested.
I'm not sure forming it for night dives is reason enough as that seems to be well served by area dive shops...I'm not even sure we'd be allowed to pull the permit and that would need to be researched....Club insurance would be an issue too with each member having to sign a liability waiver...
I'm just throwing a few road block up that occur to me at first blush.
Let's look at this from all angles and weigh the pros against the cons

I'd never join any group that would allow me to be a member....

Seriously, having been involved with a number of non profits and setting up of same there is a lot involved and even with boiler plate it will be a chore.
Our little group will become more "rigid". I'm not a huge fan of clubs but if the group here has valid reasons to form same, I'd likely be interested.
I'm not sure forming it for night dives is reason enough as that seems to be well served by area dive shops...I'm not even sure we'd be allowed to pull the permit and that would need to be researched....Club insurance would be an issue too with each member having to sign a liability waiver...
I'm just throwing a few road block up that occur to me at first blush.
Let's look at this from all angles and weigh the pros against the cons

If you do this, I would suggest speaking to Pete or Howard about having an auto posting add-in so that whenever a post goes in your new site, it also goes into SB in the BHB thread.....this is a real value for Scubaboard, and I don't think we should lose it.

First, thanks for creating this great resource it has been super helpful.
I have really enjoyed your photos.
That said I would prefer to keep it low key like this forum
I would not be adverse to joining a club but beyond dues I am too busy to commit to much more.
Dan could clarify but I thought anyone could put in for a night dive permit if they signed off on the liability.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom