Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great day at the bridge. Covered a lot of ground during a 162 minute dive. Mike W helped guide us to a few of the outbound critters. Kept the camera busy...

Two different banded jawfish with mouths full of eggs - one about to burst; other just starting out. Saw six different sea horses. Able to get pictures of five of them; other was entertaining another photographer, then couldn't relocate when the diver left. Lot's of fun stuff today - what an amazing place to dive. Very jealous of those of you that are able to dive this year 'round.

Attachments

• FL_120327_WPB_2677.jpg
    FL_120327_WPB_2677.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 85
  • FL_120327_WPB_2684.jpg
    FL_120327_WPB_2684.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 91
  • FL_120327_WPB_2701.jpg
    FL_120327_WPB_2701.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 79
  • FL_120327_WPB_2704.jpg
    FL_120327_WPB_2704.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 78
  • FL_120327_WPB_2766.jpg
    FL_120327_WPB_2766.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 79
  • FL_120327_WPB_2808.jpg
    FL_120327_WPB_2808.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 82
Two different banded jawfish with mouths full of eggs - one about to burst; other just starting out.

Cool! Just read an article today by Ned DeLoach about the new eggs being yellow in color.

Kevin

Nice pictures Wetlens! Please be careful posting your images of seahorses...lots of folks lurk here to get locations and then harvest the critters...I won't post for about 3 weeks not sure if that helps but I'm thinking it doesn't hurt.

Some good video woulda been the two of us tumbling over each other, drifting in the current and stirring up the silt. :D I don't need no stinkin releases. . .

Kevin[/QUOTE]

OK, ask and thee shall receive.
You are now a celebrity:D
Enjoy.

Juvenile Trumpet fish adopts me on Vimeo

Some good video woulda been the two of us tumbling over each other, drifting in the current and stirring up the silt. :D I don't need no stinkin releases. . .

Kevin

Enjoy.

[/QUOTE]

Holy Moly! I thought you said that thing was too close to focus! *Great* stuff! I'm betting that you edited out a *bunch* of stuff that I would have found to be quite embarrassing, too. :) Thank you for that. :)

Can't believe you guys don't *charge* for yer diving tours at the bridge. If you need a "testimonial". . .

Kevin
(don't understand why the "quotes" worked out that way, but it's not "too" confusing as is. . .)

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Cool! Just read an article today by Ned DeLoach about the new eggs being yellow in color.

Kevin

BTW, here's the article: Alert Diver | Bonaire: A Naturalist's Dream .

During my last visit to the bridge, when I finally saw my first jawfishies with mouth eggs, Dr. Kovacs related to me that he has *also* witnessed the hatching of jawfish eggs. It's hard to even *talk* to that guy, he's on such a different level. :D Maybe someone can get him to post his "latest" winners from SFUPS. Incredible stuff. . .

Kevin

Mostly edited out lots of blurry Trumpet fish as he kept hovereing too close for my focal range.
Thanks for babysitting him a little while. Really like your shots on Flicker.
Jonesing to do the bridge again but non diving relatives in town and need to wade thru some more footage.
John

Dubois park on the jupiter and peanut island both have man made snorkel lagoons now. Coral cove park up near the martin county line as well as blowing rocks in Martin can have decent snorkeling. Also ocean reef park on singer island can have good snorkeling. My daughter and her girl friends snorkel at coral cove and ocean reef. They've seen morays, nurse shark, manta rays and a variety of colorful reef fishes. (I've seen the pics :))

Great info, thanks! Also, I will stop in Force-E for equipment!

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin. I'd be interested in reading the article. Any chance of getting a link or info on where it was published?

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Nice pictures Wetlens! Please be careful posting your images of seahorses...lots of folks lurk here to get locations and then harvest the critters...I won't post for about 3 weeks not sure if that helps but I'm thinking it doesn't hurt.

Thanks, Jim. I will use more discretion in the future.

Mostly edited out lots of blurry Trumpet fish as he kept hovereing too close for my focal range.
Thanks for babysitting him a little while. Really like your shots on Flicker.
Jonesing to do the bridge again but non diving relatives in town and need to wade thru some more footage.
John
Non diving relatives???...I'd excommunicate them....IN FACT: Domini, Domini, Domini, exfamilous libertatious vobiscum adhominum...
There; they are no longer relatives and you can go back to diving with a clear conscience.

Enjoy.

Holy Moly! I thought you said that thing was too close to focus! *Great* stuff! I'm betting that you edited out a *bunch* of stuff that I would have found to be quite embarrassing, too. :) Thank you for that. :)

Can't believe you guys don't *charge* for yer diving tours at the bridge. If you need a "testimonial". . .

Kevin
(don't understand why the "quotes" worked out that way, but it's not "too" confusing as is. . .)

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

BTW, here's the article: Alert Diver | Bonaire: A Naturalist's Dream .

During my last visit to the bridge, when I finally saw my first jawfishies with mouth eggs, Dr. Kovacs related to me that he has *also* witnessed the hatching of jawfish eggs. It's hard to even *talk* to that guy, he's on such a different level. :D Maybe someone can get him to post his "latest" winners from SFUPS. Incredible stuff. . .

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Wait til you get to know Steve, then you will laugh at him like the rest of us. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom