Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, ask and thee shall receive.
You are now a celebrity:D
Enjoy.

Juvenile Trumpet fish adopts me on Vimeo

Wow. That was really beautiful. You know ... every once in a while we are blessed to connect like that with the living world. And it is magical.

We J's call it "once in a lifetime dives." Which seem to happen with some frequency at Blue Heron Bridge.

hey all, so I have only gone diving at the bridge a handful of times a while back, but now that I have a decent camera setup I'd like to hit the bridge again. A few questions...is the east side divable now? I know they were doing construction there and blocked it off at one point. What's a good website for tide times? I'm looking at one site that shows the high tide for Friday is 2:15pm but another site said something else. I don't remember seeing barely any of the cool creatures that you all post photos of when I've been at the bridge, maybe I went too fast or don't go to the right spots. I know you all are hesitant to post location info here, but if anyone would want to meet me and show me where to get some cool pictures or PM me with helpful info that would be awesome!

The bridge sounds like a great place to dive. I will be vacationong in Jupiter the second week in April and was hoping to team up with someone familiar with this dive site.

hey all, so I have only gone diving at the bridge a handful of times a while back, but now that I have a decent camera setup I'd like to hit the bridge again. A few questions...is the east side divable now? I know they were doing construction there and blocked it off at one point. What's a good website for tide times? I'm looking at one site that shows the high tide for Friday is 2:15pm but another site said something else. I don't remember seeing barely any of the cool creatures that you all post photos of when I've been at the bridge, maybe I went too fast or don't go to the right spots. I know you all are hesitant to post location info here, but if anyone would want to meet me and show me where to get some cool pictures or PM me with helpful info that would be awesome!

Yes the east side is open again and has lots to offer...
Here is a great link for bridge tides: Tides for Port of Palm Beach (Lake Worth) on January 2012
get to the correct month then hoover your cursor over the date and you'll have tide times and phase of the moon.
You may want to start your dive within an hour of hi tide...most folks can get about 120 minutes out of an AL80.
Hi tide Friday is 14:15 (2:15)...
As to seeing things, go very slowly and you will really find lots of great critters. I'm sure you will find a troll who will be glad to buddy with you.

Stumbled upon this awesome forum a few days ago...I will be in Jupiter April 2nd-April 7th. I have been to blue heron bridge a few years back for a quick snorkel trip around the sailboat before I became certified. Can anybody recommend snorkel locations for your area (Peanut Island, Coral Cove Park, Blue Heron Bridge ?) I will have my sisters with me that are not certified to dive. But, I would like to do a dive at Blue Heron bridge but due to baggage costs I am packing light; just my fins, mask, snorkel and 3mm suit. Any recommendations on local dive shops to rent equipment for the day? Thanks for the help, btw I read through about 30 pages of this thread....very impressive pictures!

I just took my daughter and 4 of her college friends to snorkel at Peanut Island last week. We stayed on the artificial reefs/breakwater on the east side of the island and did not venture into the lagoon. They were thrilled with a seeing a green moray and all the tropicals. Like the bridge, the best time is slack high tide, though you probably have a greater window because the current is not really an issue, but visibility can be with the outgoing tide.

MacArthur State Park is also a neat place to snorkel when the seas are flat. You'll need a dive flag. Technically, you can dive here too, but it is a long walk to haul your dive gear to the beach. Welcome to Florida State Parks

Carlin Park in Jupiter is also enjoyable when the seas are flat. You're also supposed to have a dive flag here
Carlin Park

This snorkel boat operator makes trips to the Breakers shallow Palm Beach Diving and Snorkeling Tours - Keylypso of the Palm Beaches

Stumbled upon this awesome forum a few days ago...I will be in Jupiter April 2nd-April 7th. I have been to blue heron bridge a few years back for a quick snorkel trip around the sailboat before I became certified. Can anybody recommend snorkel locations for your area (Peanut Island, Coral Cove Park, Blue Heron Bridge ?) I will have my sisters with me that are not certified to dive. But, I would like to do a dive at Blue Heron bridge but due to baggage costs I am packing light; just my fins, mask, snorkel and 3mm suit. Any recommendations on local dive shops to rent equipment for the day? Thanks for the help, btw I read through about 30 pages of this thread....very impressive pictures!

Force-E dive shop is located on Blue Heron Bridge Blvd on the right just before crossing Blue Heron Bridge. They have rental gear.

Non diving relatives???...I'd excommunicate them....IN FACT: Domini, Domini, Domini, exfamilous libertatious vobiscum adhominum...
There; they are no longer relatives and you can go back to diving with a clear conscience.

Crap, my non diving relatives disappeared when I recited that!!!! How do I get them back, they were buying dinner tonight? :D

^^^^ :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

East side, wrecked boat about mid-channel, directly under the center of the bridge span. Thanks, only reason for posting that photo was to make a record of it taking up residence. Hope someone is able to dispatch him - not much meat on the bones, however.

The lionfish is still there ! I was not equipped to expedite the situation but perhaps tomorrow. The wreck is centered between the first and second
or second and third pilings from the east sea wall directly under the small bridge. I tied off and worked on a plan and looked for some assistance but a small
crowd there today. Water temps 77F-78F and viz down just a bit at about 20-25 ft but very, very diveable ! Was circled by and within the large school of
atlantic spadefish that congregate near the other wreck, very cool !

I had a 93 minute dive at the bridge today with a Bouyancy Babe. Life just doesn't get much better, great dive, lots of critters and even a "bring" from Equador...
The viz today saw fine at about 60-70 feet and the temp is holding at 77-78 and we saw all the usual suspects...but leave it to jet to lead me right to a pair of common octopus who were so "not fighting". We took dirty movies and went off to explore other areas :whistling:...when we returned they were having a cigarette...:wink:

Thanks Jet!
View attachment 119880

Attachments

• Blue Heron Bridge Mating Common Octopus.jpg
    Blue Heron Bridge Mating Common Octopus.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 133
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom