Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only that who is to say we were not going after the same thing?
Ill take my chances, accidents happen.
I also think FWC will stay out of it unless they have proof.
Working for a Sheriff's office probably won't hurt.....

They usually dont ticket boaters who have been reported anchoring on coral reefs, because of the difficulty PROVING this....without underwater photos showing the coral, anchor, and the line going all the way up to the boat---and then the boat ID....

So the "great white hunter" would need to have a go pro camera running, and then track the offending diver down on land to get a positive face ID to go along with the behavior in question underwater.... If the "offender" made any attempt to be trying to "hunt" the same creature, then as another poster mentioned, I don't think there is a law on the books regarding what hunter has the right to underwater game..maybe DD has a law he could quote regarding this. Or.....if the video shows silting and stumbling behavior by another diver, which interfered with the attempted capturing by the "great white hunter", then the issue will clearly become the hunter has entered an area where this silting stumbling around underwater behavior is common, if not dominant for the skill set of a mjority of divers at the BHB, and so the effect is to be considered either accidental, or perhaps to be expected, given the proximity to such a high volume of divers with the common lack of boyancy and trim skills.....and we have hours of video to showcase normal roto-tilling behavior of a majority of divers at the bhb :)

Not only that who is to say we were not going after the same thing?
Ill take my chances, accidents happen.
I also think FWC will stay out of it unless they have proof.
Working for a Sheriff's office probably won't hurt.....

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

I also think the no collecting signs cover any confusion over the "lawful taking" part.....

Does your Sheriff not have an issue with his or her employees being charged with a crime?

Once something like this is posted it is out there. Dan has pointed out that collectors lurk here.

I would bet that they would remember.

There was a bunch of stuff posted about collecting legality in the past.

If one plans to interfere one should not share their intent with every reader of the board.

Does your Sheriff not have an issue with his or her employees being charged with a crime?

Once something like this is posted it is out there. Dan has pointed out that collectors lurk here.

I would bet that they would remember.

There was a bunch of stuff posted about collecting legality in the past.

If one plans to interfere one should not share their intent with every reader of the board.

My very last comment on this is what I've said before...I lose my skills at odd times and anyone is allowed to make a complaint...let's see what happens

Does your Sheriff not have an issue with his or her employees being charged with a crime.

Anyone can make accusations.
I seriously doubt I would be charged with anything.
Thanks for your advice.

Easy way to start getting distance down is look at another diver and do body lengths...1 diver fins and all about 7-8 feet...10 diver lengths 70-80.
It isn't to hard and then you can check by bringing a measured piece of line and see how close you are.

Thanks Jim. The only problem I have with that is getting those crazy divers to line up and stay put long enough to count !

Thanks Jim. The only problem I have with that is getting those crazy divers to line up and stay put long enough to count !

That and some come with their own cloud of limited visibility.....
Last trip I saw two that looked like tumbleweeds preceded by a huge plume of silt

That and some come with their own cloud of limited visibility.....
Last trip I saw two that looked like tumbleweeds preceded by a huge plume of silt

Okay, that explains some viz reports I have been trying to figure out for years.
" 3-5 ft in some areas 35-40 ft in others " I gotta believe they are doing there
best. I usually just do a 180 or at least a 90 when I see the plumes !

Just heard the news that the county is closing the bridge to divers for the next 3 months starting on Monday...
bet I had you going...April Fools!!!:eyebrow:

You *definitely* had *me* going as I had recently read that there would be dredging of the inlet occurring soon and feared it was related. I reckon there likely will *still* be some viz issues with it.

Kevin

So the "great white hunter" would need to have a go pro camera running, and then track the offending diver down on land to get a positive face ID to go along with the behavior in question underwater....

Not necessarily so.... perhaps the "hunter" carries no camera but turns out to be an on-duty FWC officer investigating was has been written in the posts on this thread. They do that you know.... He presents his FWC Badge, orders you to the surface where his partner will be waiting, and then you are starring at least a 1st degree misdemeanor, level 2 violation. It can, and does happen.

I can tell you they (FWC) do take that law seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom