Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, wait a minute. Any of this stuff go with video???

Kevin

All of the Mantis shrimp and Puffer were shot with the Reefnet +10 diopter.
If you have ever tried it you know it has an extremely narrow DOF so keeping a small moving target in focus can be a "challenge"...........
Lots more macro to post (eventually)
Hope to go this weekend but don't want to jinx myself.
Snoot requires a strobe so will strictly be for my sweetie,
I have my eye on a Sola 1200 photo (red and white light) for those light hating subjects.......
John

Last edited:
Beautiful. Love the music too!

new critter. Believe it's a honeycomb eel, and not a golden because of its big eyes and short nose. Wish it would have come out of hiding so I could see more...
420626_10150599232263531_564528530_8976484_258509831_n.jpg

found this guy out wandering around totally exposed.. long arm octo?
424263_10150599232963531_564528530_8976489_966041029_n.jpg

the mandatory shot of a scorpionfish
429839_10150599233528531_564528530_8976492_1533243375_n.jpg

and a mandatory seaweed blenny shot.
423398_10150599233878531_564528530_8976494_1152675891_n.jpg

and an old favorite.. the yellowhead jawfish
421826_10150599234258531_564528530_8976496_2104480760_n.jpg

and how about 3 flying guarnards? They were hunting together, quite big, over 12" and had two different species of fish tagging along. this was the best photo I got.
429833_10150599231823531_564528530_8976482_1387675625_n.jpg

Wanted to get more, but that class had to practically swim right over me.... Really? You got the whole frickin' bridge to dive and you have to swim RIGHT HERE??? :angry: (happened twice, the second time a diver came within arms length of me as I was observing some rather cool razorfish behavior- what appeared to be "dad" was blowing in the rubble and a preggo female swam up out of the rubble. Very cool! then the diver swam over top)

Jenny-
Loved the eel and the "regulars".
Will look for Yellowheaded Jawfish tomorrow.
Nice full body shot.
I have started to regard rude (clueless to be kind) divers at the bridge as akin to a force of nature;
unpredictable, unasked for and usually detrimental to my hard earned "moment"!
After laying in one place for literally 20 minutes the mating Gobies came back out (finally) and I had focus lock with workable lighting ( which spooked them to start) when suddenly two grown men barrel over me attempting to catch a flounder with their bare hands. Even the best stink eye could not convey my disgust.
It would take longer than I had already waited for the silt storm to clear.
I balance it with the generous folks that make time to go back and show me something cool.
Will try and pay it forward tomorrow.
John

yesterday's dive reminded me why I suddenly love the winter diving.. less divers! Even though I love the warm water, and am looking forward to less neoprene, it sometimes is frustrating beyond all get out to not want to strangle some of these divers.. and how crowded the bridge is gonna be in the coming months...and don't get me started on the silt storms from the classes! Saw one class last year, 14 in total, I don't know how many were DMs and instructors... no way to control and handle issues with a class that big!

All of the Mantis shrimp and Puffer were shot with the Reefnet +10 diopter.
If you have ever tried it you know it has an extremely narrow DOF so keeping a small moving target in focus can be a "challenge"...........

Are you manually focusing with the diopter on??

Kevin

yesterday's dive reminded me why I suddenly love the winter diving.. less divers! Even though I love the warm water, and am looking forward to less neoprene, it sometimes is frustrating beyond all get out to not want to strangle some of these divers.. and how crowded the bridge is gonna be in the coming months...and don't get me started on the silt storms from the classes! Saw one class last year, 14 in total, I don't know how many were DMs and instructors... no way to control and handle issues with a class that big!
I was looking at a whip eel and had a class swim right over me too. It is very frustrating but dive classes are a bit like herding cats, the students will be going everywhere except where you want them to. I know this to be true even in a class with one student. Bless 'em all, I love them and do know eventually they will be aware of their actions. If I see the instructor around after the dive I mention it to her/him. (Most of us really try to keep our students away from photographers)

I love getting down to 3mil and wearing no weight, 2 more months, and you are right we will have more divers crowding the site...btw that does look like a honeycomb moray. It has the dark ring around the eye.

I will be back down for next weekend and Monday. Possible Fri afternoon/eve dive.

Is anyone interested in a dive during one of those days? I realize it will have to be a late afternoon/eve dive due to the tide tables. Please PM me and let me know. It has been a little over a month since I dove there and I would like to try out my new fangled strobe diffuser.

J

I will be back down for next weekend and Monday. Possible Fri afternoon/eve dive.

Is anyone interested in a dive during one of those days? I realize it will have to be a late afternoon/eve dive due to the tide tables. Please PM me and let me know. It has been a little over a month since I dove there and I would like to try out my new fangled strobe diffuser.

J
I'm not sure what my schedule looks like yet Jeff but I wouldn't mind a late afternoon dive now that the sun has an extra hour to light us up and keep the park open. You have my phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom