Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:popcorn:

(I'm looking to take a visitor from Germany on Friday morning ... still concerned about the vis.)

binski

Poor viz is *no* reason not to dive the bridge. Most of the cool stuff is small, so you don't *need* great - or even good - viz to see and appreciate it. Even with eight feet of viz, I'd bet it would be yer visitor's all time favorite dive. And, now Jim sez the viz is great, again. Just *do it*! :D

Kevin

Kev-
I'm hurt. That's not me. I am all in black and don't rock a snorkel.....
As to how much unedited video, I try not to dwell on it but conservatively thousands of hours going back to the misty days of hi8 tapes.
I just like diving/shooting a lot more than editing. There must be a support group out there.

Well, I be durned. Couldn't imagine that there woulda been more than one videographer out that day. I seldom have a clue who any of the other divers are down there - unless they happen to be as crusty as Jim. :D I guess there ain't no law about actually ever *looking* at any of the video you take. I'm just so OCD that I'd *have* to eventually get around to it. But, it seems the (irrational) rules which govern my behavior say that I must tend to all stills before catching up with the video. I need meds. . . :D My apologies for the hurt I caused.

Kevin

Last edited:
Dove the bridge today with one of the Bouyancy Babes. We had a great 1 hour 50 minute dive and the viz was really nice at 30-40 feet and water temps from 75-78 (higher when I was near jet). We saw some nice seaweed blennies and jawfish but only one tiny octopus hiding inside an anchor. The current came up a bit after the tide change but still fun. I will be happy when my drysuit comes back from getting fixed.

We also spent some time brushing up on our skills by blowing bags from depth (well blowing bags from shallow). This is one skill we tend to ignore and really shouldn't.

This seaweed blenny was eager to greet us at the start of our dive.
Blue Heron Bridge Seaweed Blenny.jpg

We also spent some time brushing up on our skills by blowing bags from depth (well blowing bags from shallow). This is one skill we tend to ignore and really shouldn't.

It was a great dive! But I was really cold by the end.

Reviewing skills is always good - as is practicing with new equipment. I'm glad I found out my sausage is totally impractical here, rather than when I really have to shoot it from depth.

Thanks Jim!

It was a great dive! But I was really cold by the end.

Reviewing skills is always good - as is practicing with new equipment. I'm glad I found out my sausage is totally impractical here, rather than when I really have to shoot it from depth.

Thanks Jim!
My pleasure and I really want to thank you for the announcement you made to everyone while we were gearing up.
(If you were at the bridge today I'm sure you heard, if you weren't I'll let jet tell you what she said {in a voice that carried the length of the bridge}.)

"Well, I be durned. Couldn't imagine that there woulda been more than one videographer out that day."

That's alright Kevin;
I know we all look alike to you still photographers.....:D

My pleasure and I really want to thank you for the announcement you made to everyone while we were gearing up.
(If you were at the bridge today I'm sure you heard, if you weren't I'll let jet tell you what she said {in a voice that carried the length of the bridge}.)

Nothing I haven't said before. I just didn't realize there was such a huge crowd of nervous students within ear shot. They all looked at us like we were CRAZY!! :rofl3:

Good solo dive at the bridge today, my J buddies couldn't make it. :( Sweet surprise of the day was a yellow headed jawfish. Been so long since I've seen one and was pleasantly surprised by his antics! Even showed a (I think) husband and wife team who were also happy watching the little guy.
Vis was 30 ft., maybe and went down to 20 max after the tide changed. Water temp 73° in most parts....:cold:

Thanks for the report. May have to do the saturday thing and hope it's not to crazy !
73F not to bad with the hooded vest but I was enjoying the 75F to 76F that we were
getting back to just a couple weeks ago !

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom