Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love that diopter, very narrow DOF but great piece of glass.
Very happy with all Reefnet products so far and have just ordered their new snoot.
Should be pretty cool.

Very happy with all Reefnet products so far and have just ordered their new snoot.
Should be pretty cool.

I got to test shoot the +5 for Reef Photo for a review article. I loved that one, but it was a prototype, and they made me give it back.

Should be pretty cool.

Talk about a narrow DOF, I have been shooting the 105mm and stacking 2 Nexus diopters for the little nudis.

After what seems like forever away, we will be there for the morning tide! Hope to see some of the regulars.

Guy and Maribi

Should be pretty cool.

Now, wait a minute. Any of this stuff go with video???

Kevin

Good solo dive at the bridge today, my J buddies couldn't make it. :( Sweet surprise of the day was a yellow headed jawfish. Been so long since I've seen one and was pleasantly surprised by his antics! Even showed a (I think) husband and wife team who were also happy watching the little guy.
Vis was 30 ft., maybe and went down to 20 max after the tide changed. Water temp 73° in most parts....:cold:

I saw a few yellow headed jawfish on Thursday! I just love those guys. Guess we will be treated to some dancing this spring. Sorry I missed a chance to dive with a B Babe. My loss.

Took our German visitor for her first OW dives at BHB today and it was wonderful. She's already mastered her bouyancy and had no issues. I however, failed in my navigation skills and end up in the boat channel to the south (albeit very briefly!) while looking for one of the wrecks :no:. Serves me right for a long absence! We recovered quickly (son and 10 y.o. daughter) also with us and had a wonderful time exploring to the West. After watching the previous post, I need to head East next time as I've never been over there. BTW - we were all in 3mm and felt very comfortable for the first hour. Then my daughter began to chill and we ended the dive at 80 min. Did get to watch a small sharpnose eel do an aggressive nosedive into a hole in pursuit of some breakfast. Twas fun!

Took our German visitor for her first OW dives at BHB today and it was wonderful. She's already mastered her bouyancy and had no issues. I however, failed in my navigation skills and end up in the boat channel to the south (albeit very briefly!) while looking for one of the wrecks :no:. Serves me right for a long absence! We recovered quickly (son and 10 y.o. daughter) also with us and had a wonderful time exploring to the West. After watching the previous post, I need to head East next time as I've never been over there. BTW - we were all in 3mm and felt very comfortable for the first hour. Then my daughter began to chill and we ended the dive at 80 min. Did get to watch a small sharpnose eel do an aggressive nosedive into a hole in pursuit of some breakfast. Twas fun!

Glad you enjoyed the dive, and yes the water does get a bit chilly after an hour. Because of the very long dive times I like to be in a dry suit if possible. I'd suggest trying the "mirror" wreck south of the playground and the shopping carts next dive...then head WNW to the boat channel. BTW did you mean a sharptail eel?
Sharp Tailed Eel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom