Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin-
Thanks for the help.
The pattern on "mine" is cooler looking than the few photos of a southern puffer I found but close enough to be a match.

Definitely a cooler pattern, but one of the pics I found of them seemed to show a hint of those "florets". I've run across several of these guys at the bridge, but I don't think I've ever had one allow a "face" shot. That one looks bigger than the ones I've seen, too. Maybe he was big and brave. :D

Thinking about sneaking down next weekend. . .

Kevin

anyone know how late is the park/beach open till tomorrow? Trying to see if I can do a shore dive with the evening tide.

anyone know how late is the park/beach open till tomorrow? Trying to see if I can do a shore dive with the evening tide.

You're in luck: Force E is sponsoring a free night dive tomorrow (Saturday) night. Just stop by their store on Blue Heron Blvd. to sign up and get your parking pass.

You're in luck: Force E is sponsoring a free night dive tomorrow (Saturday) night. Just stop by their store on Blue Heron Blvd. to sign up and get your parking pass.

oh sweet, thanks dude

it's dudette! :grinbandit:

my bad, always forget there's other females on the interwebs :wink:

and my dumbass self over scheduled activities for today, so won't be able to make it up in time tonight. Oh well, another weekend i guess.

my bad, always forget there's other females on the interwebs :wink:

and my dumbass self over scheduled activities for today, so won't be able to make it up in time tonight. Oh well, another weekend i guess.

Last night's dive was really not very good. The current was ripping through out the dive and the water was extremely turbid, viz was 6 ft at best of times. Water temp was a toasty 72 last night. We thumbed the dive after 45 minutes.

Last night's dive was really not very good. The current was ripping through out the dive and the water was extremely turbid, viz was 6 ft at best of times. Water temp was a toasty 72 last night. We thumbed the dive after 45 minutes.

well then guess it was somewhat lucky I did not make the trek up from miami. maybe i'll try and hit the next evening tide!

Have to agree with Jim conditions were not optional but that is the beauty of the bridge even when less than great cool things remain to be found by the faithful........
Friday: dusk dive: low vis, cold water lots of small stuff......
Here is to Linda who asked which were the nudibranchs we saw:
to which I dumbly answered: tiny, fuzzy and really cool....
(not knowing Saturday would blow tiny, fuzzy and really cool away......)
John

Attachments

• DSC_1082.jpg
    DSC_1082.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_1776.jpg
    DSC_1776.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_1795.jpg
    DSC_1795.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_1820.jpg