Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, arrived in time for first sanctioned Force E night dive on Saturday (thanks guys!) and actually had time to chat a bit more with some of the cool folks we normally smile at while coming out or going in.
Really need to work at our social game or at least write down names on a slate.
LOL, thanks to everyone for the welcome with apologies to the "crusty hard core looking dude": Jim we were running late for our norm 3 hour jaunt and rushed in to beat the 10 pm window so I didn't get to say Hi...
I agree conditions were worse than Friday and due to a error on my part I had a dead video battery relegating me to only spotting and artistic lighting duties for the duration of the dive with my still photographer wife....
I am not too proud to say I spend the bulk of the dive in horror of finding mating frog fish or other video gold due to lack of imaging equipment....
As luck or rather vis would have it my wife spend the majority finding super tiny nudis I could only basically extrapolate were there compared to yesterday's finds but I did contribute a few players and a great if "video less" time was had none the less.
My only real regret was as I poorly explained to Linda and Diane using the highly technical jargon of sea slug lovers as it came out I was "questing for the super cool nudi that had the blue tips like the ones we saw yesterday with the orange stripes......"
I think my description fell short on the educated but as lack of a camera would have it, 2.5 hours later making our way out we stopped to take pictures of a flat worm and this non de-script nudi charged into the light cruising around then "vanishing".....
I only realized it was my "white whale" of nudis looking at Kelly's pictures on Sunday. So it goes.
Hope you enjoy. That is my version of the "blue tipped nudie..... proper name to follow......
(whoops, check next post, I must have overloaded it!)

Ps: thanks gang for hanging out for the post dive "hot shower" a definite upgrade for future dives!
John

Attachments

• DSC_1898.jpg
    DSC_1898.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_1896.jpg
    DSC_1896.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_1941.jpg
    DSC_1941.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_1961.jpg
    DSC_1961.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_1968.jpg
    DSC_1968.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_2049.jpg
    DSC_2049.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_2106.jpg
    DSC_2106.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_2187.jpg
    DSC_2187.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_2231.jpg
    DSC_2231.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC_2232.jpg
    DSC_2232.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC_2175.jpg
    DSC_2175.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_2224.jpg
    DSC_2224.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Missed a few pictures.....

Attachments

• DSC_2175.jpg
    DSC_2175.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_2224.jpg
    DSC_2224.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_2232.jpg
    DSC_2232.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_2236.jpg
    DSC_2236.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_2233.jpg
    DSC_2233.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_2276.jpg
    DSC_2276.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_2318.jpg
    DSC_2318.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_2304.jpg
    DSC_2304.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_2397.jpg
    DSC_2397.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 48
Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing...

I know I've said this before: Expect the unexpected at any given BHB dive. No manatee today. No seahorse today. Instead an aggregation (dare I say orgey???) of ragged sea hares.

Jim and I had a great 105 min. dive. Two pipefish, a bright red decorator crab, two octopuses(pi, pos), a spotted eagle ray, a yawning scorpion fish and the above highlight. I shot stills and video. Will upload later (as soon as I've located the appropriate chicka bow wow music).

Last week the not fighting seahorses. Today the not fighting sea hares. Be forewarned. We're seriously getting into NC-17 season.

Viz was decent - easily 20+ feet. Water a warm(ish) 73. Thanks (as always) for the great dive and the zip!

I'm think Jet needs to start running X rated dive tours.
It was a great dive and Jet did a great job of closing my dry suit. I was warm and dry through out the whole dive. Viz was great but boy did the current rip through out the dive, I don't think I've felt it that strong in ages.

Leave it to Jet to lead me right to a sea hare orgy! I did keep my eyes closed during that portion of the dive. :eek:ctopus:

Sargassum Pipefish

Blue Heron Bridge Sargassum Pipefish.jpg

Whitenose Pipefish

Blue Heron Bridge Whitenose Pipefish.jpg

Decorator Crab

Blue Heron Bridge Decorator.jpg

Long Arm Octopus

Blue Heron Bridge Long Arm Octopus.jpg

Ragged Seahares (not fighting)

Blue Heron Bridge Sea Hare.jpg

Thanks BB for a great start to the week.

Last edited:
:rofl3:

I know I've said this before: Expect the unexpected at any given BHB dive. No manatee today. No seahorse today. Instead an aggregation (dare I say orgey???) of ragged sea hares.

I think it's kinda hot the way she takes us to the underwater trysting, but is such an innocent that she mispells "orgy".

:rofl3:

I think it's kinda hot the way she takes us to the underwater trysting, but is such an innocent that she mispells "orgy".

C'mon!! You know I'm brain damaged. No Fair!!! (Besides my computer at work wouldn't let me look up the word).

Here are my pics from today. With the exception of the sea hares it was a very red as in hot kind of day. I'm working on the video now. Just got home from work - will post tomorrow AM.

red octopus
orangeocto.jpg

red decorator crab
crab.jpg

red cardinalfish w moray
moray.jpg

red mouth on [-]large-mouth bass[/-] scorpionfish
scorpionfish.jpg

one ragged sea hare
seahare1.jpg

ragged sea hare [-]orgey[/-] orgy
seaharesmulti.jpg

Here is the little video of the sea hares. When we first came upon them they were in two large huddles but then spread into conga lines. It looked like eventually the two lines would have met up.

[video=youtube;NTjQDni5p70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTjQDni5p70[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom