Blue Heron Bridge "Phil Foster Park"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linda, if the Blue Heron Bridge is open to divers and the tides fall in the right times, I would be happy to go diving with you. Maybe I'll get down there and do a boat dive with you anyway.

DennisW:
Linda, if the Blue Heron Bridge is open to divers and the tides fall in the right times, I would be happy to go diving with you. Maybe I'll get down there and do a boat dive with you anyway.

Dennis that would be great I will keep you posted once I get everything lined up. The key to the Blue Heron Bridge dive is 1) being open to diving, 2) getting the tide information to be there at the right time.

It would be great to see you again.

Linda, getting the tide information isn't a problem, I can get that. Keep me up to date on the times you intend to be down here and we'll see if we can get a dive going at the BHB.

Actually the Sheriff or Marine Patrol at the park are not as nasty as the Park Rangers they have stationed at the Park now that they've upgraded and improved it.
On another note I've always hung around the new bridge pilings at the southwest tip of the park, just plan the tide before the current starts to rip. :wink:

FLDVR:
Actually the Sheriff or Marine Patrol at the park are not as nasty as the Park Rangers they have stationed at the Park now that they've upgraded and improved it.
On another note I've always hung around the new bridge pilings at the southwest tip of the park, just plan the tide before the current starts to rip. :wink:

I hear you on the current ripping!!...I almost got a free rid to the Bahamas once, due to that out going tide, she is no joke!! Next time you dive there, let me know...once it's legal again after the 15th, I got a dive buddy that has never been.

The tide thing isn't too much of a problem, you start your dive about 15 to 20 minutes before high tide and your dive will be very pleasant.

I looked at the Park yesterday, looks very nice and clean at the bridge end. Hopefully there wont be to many fisher's on the Old bridge section!
As far as the current goes remember there is a Island taxi at Peanut Island now :wink:
Weekends are rough at this location due to the high volume of boats and watercraft in the park. Maybe a weekday morning dive will be in order. I'll be on Singer Island a few times more today and this weekend to check on things.

DennisW:
Linda, getting the tide information isn't a problem, I can get that. Keep me up to date on the times you intend to be down here and we'll see if we can get a dive going at the BHB.

Will do Dennis, my travel dates are firm, mode of transportation there isn't, LOL.

Arrive on July 1st at some point in time, leave on July 8th at some point in time. Sunday - Thursday are open for diving. Friday is a question mark based on the mode of transportation I use.

Linda

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom