Blue Heron Bridge "Phil Foster Park"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jacque Coustrape

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all you shore divers...

Just a little F.Y.I. for all you local divers in the West Palm Beach area, on April 15th Phil Foster Park should be open. This info. comes from an inside and very trustworthy source. Let's just hope that there is nobody else floating around out there!!
If anyone is interested, I will be there on the 16th..if all goes as planned. Time frame?
that depends on the tide time, so check back with me on that. I already have one diver certain to be there..anymore??

I have been looking forward to diving of the Park. I have heard that there are a lot of Sea horses there. I have heard that it is a interesting dive spot.

Phil Foster park is the ugliest most interesting dive site around. I've seen more interesting unique stuff there than any other place I've been. It's a great place to dive during the day and night.

Last I heard from those who have braved the threats of parking tickets galore,
is the seahorses and other various critters have been very slow in returning.

April 15th ..... been a looooooong wait!
I certainly hope it is true, but obligations keep me from making the dive until mid May.
I'll keep an eye out for some good dive reports.

I've been diving the site a lot, and no parking tickets, but I have been threatened w/ jailtime twice....

I've seen one frogfish, one stargazer, one bobbit worm, one batfish, and 3 different seahorses (along with a host of normal fish & inverts). Cool stuff!

Scuba_Dad:
Phil Foster park is the ugliest most interesting dive site around. I've seen more interesting unique stuff there than any other place I've been. It's a great place to dive during the day and night.

Phil Foster is...or was rather ugly. But the whole park has been demolished and rebuilt from the ground up!! Still, you have that giant bridge overhead and it does have an ominus feeling about it. Once I saw a manta ray right at shoreline, also I saw two boat bums have a knock down fist fight. From what I understand...the "boat bums" and other various sub-human, land and sea going detritus, will not be welcome at this park any longer!! About time!! No more tripping over beer bottles and broken glass or stepping in human excrement or dogging dirty syringes in the water, like some sort of torpedo. Not to go on too much about those filthy wretches, but the last dive I did there, before the hurricanes, we had to endure a couple bums urinating in the water, off the end of the support column while we exited at the ramp under the bridge. Good thing I had my "shark stick" with me!..and noooo, it's not realy for sharks. but you would be suprised how fast they took off when I took it out "to clean it"..can't let that salt water stay on the blade!!hehehehe. I bet that area is loaded with lobsters, as nobody could dive there since it closed...Hmmm...hurry up mini-season!!!

I'd pass on the lobster pickin at the ... um ... Snickers bar.

That's good news on the sightings Ryan.
Thanks for the report!

Looks like I might be able to sneak in a dive after sat 4/22.
Diggin' around the tide tables ...

Here are the tides for that weekend. I've been diving the bridge "illegally" for 1 1/2 years. It will be good to do it "legally" again!

Tides for Palm Beach starting with April 14, 2006.
Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

F 14 Low 3:42 AM 0.4 6:57 AM Set 7:19 AM 99
14 High 9:38 AM 2.9 7:44 PM Rise 8:53 PM
14 Low 3:51 PM 0.0
14 High 10:09 PM 3.2

Sa 15 Low 4:16 AM 0.4 6:56 AM Set 7:53 AM 98
15 High 10:13 AM 2.9 7:44 PM Rise 9:52 PM
15 Low 4:25 PM 0.0
15 High 10:49 PM 3.1

Su 16 Low 4:52 AM 0.5 6:55 AM Set 8:32 AM 95
16 High 10:49 AM 2.9 7:45 PM Rise 10:54 PM