Blue Angel vs. Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty sure he is the one who is out of commission recovering from and injury back home?
Mat?! Well, Coz is his home altho I think he originally was from the States. Saw him briefly in March. Hope he is ok?

Mateo is a BA but I haven't seen him diving on a boat when we were there in October or last week. From what I've heard, he mostly does instruction.

Last edited:
How does the cost compare? And how loud is the street noise at night?
I booked BA in October already, but now having some second thoughts....
perhaps SCC..........

My apples to apples quote from SCC for January was about 200 dollars more than BA for the same dates.

We had all the hot water we needed every day we were there.

Yeah there were hot water problems, but improvements have been made. Now all they need is a 5 minute timer to prevent waste, but - it's a hotel, won't happen. Customers get whatever.

I stayed at BA (Caribe Blue) back in March.
First time to Cozumel to.
I am planning on going back in 2010 about the same time.

To me, the place was perfect, it was EXACTLY what I wanted and for a great price.
Yes, it is not a 5 star place, but I was there by myself (wife does not dive) to dive only.

I noticed the street noise during the day. I dont really remember hearing it at night, maybe the air conditioner drowned it out. But it was NEVER a problem for me.

The staff rocks. Hotel and dive shop. Jorge was my dive op all week. I hope he is there next time, the guy was really cool, nice, and knowledgeable.

Food was good. Seriously, for a single diver on the budget, you cant beat the free breakfast and lunch.

Like I said, I will always come back to BA.

I am confirmed for October24th-November and looking forward to staying and diving at the BA.
I just love having the diveop/hotel/restaurant all in one place. Just my style. Plus the ocean view rooms to me are great. When I'm in Hawaii I never get ocean view rooms as the prices are triple the cost and only a few blocks inland the room are bigger. I like to settle in one place unpack and just relax. After a day of diving you can stay put and read or just have a beer, or if up to it stroll into town for a dinner. My only concern would be the noise, but I'm usually up early, sunrise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom