Blue Angel vs. Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just love having the diveop/hotel/restaurant all in one place.
All of the All-Inclusive resorts further south offer that, and many other hotels do too - but the BA's delivery works for me. New owners, new improvements, uh - new prices, it's all good so far. Just hope they don't overdo things, but I am pretty confident in them.

I'm actually glad the BA does not offer dinner every night as I look forward to a stroll into town, (or taxi ride), for a nice dinner when the mood strikes. We would do the same thing in the Philippines. The resort offered a free breakfast every day, lunch and dinner you could eat at the resort and pay, or take a stroll to another resort or into town for a meal. I'm just saying it's nice to have the option of staying in your resort that could provide you with a meal when you feel like just hanging out.
Anyway I am hoping to run into a few scubaboards folks at the BA in October.

Heading to Blue Angel again. I cannot wait to do the night dive from shore!

Heading to Blue Angel again. I cannot wait to do the night dive from shore!
It is a very nice place. Hope you have a delightful trip. :pilot:

Night diving in front of the BA is pretty neat. I went around the string ray prison, then drifted back to the boat dock. I loved that outdoor shower next to the dive shop, big shower head and lots of pressure. Have fun alohagal.

aloha

Thanks everyone. I will be sure to do a mini trip report and give the latest details on new updates at Blue Angel.

My last dive was in April at Vortex Springs Florida.

We visited Blue Angel in June and were not disappointed. A few quick comments/highlights.

Dove with Jorge for 3 days and Mat for 1. Each had their own style. Had 60 min dives with each and some a bit shorter. Both were fantastic. No preference necessarily. Had a nice surface interval at a beach/pier one day with Mat, a nice relaxing way to spend a surface interval. Pastrys on the SI were tasty too.

Overall communication Dive Op briefing was lacking. Not a big deal, I could have asked more questions, but it was my first Dive Vacation and first time to BA. I needed a bit more guidance. For example: I was not offered a gear locker and didn't even know they were an option. No biggie, fair comments about them being spartan I probably would have used my balcony anyway. I didn't know that you could get more weight after dive shop hours. Pony told me to drop them off each night. After the first day I just held on to them until the end of my stay. This was only a problem when we estimated a few pounds too little and it kept us from a shore dive on the first day. I could have used some guidance on how to pack up for the boat. Don't bring any extra stuff, no towels/hats or other crap it will just get in the way.

We always had more than 6 customers on the boat, generally closer to 8, possibly more. Cozy but not unbearable. Boats were quick. We definitely passed all of the other boats on the way out and never had a crowded dive site. Were also back for lunch well before other boats.

I think we stayed in 302 (2nd room down on the 3rd floor) and had internet access in the room.

Food was good, always delicious and plentiful. Variety might be nice. We chose to take our "included" breakfast & lunch but go elsewhere for dinner. I was a bit leary about signing a ticket for each lunch & breakfast but only the "extras" like margaritas were billed for the included meals.

All of the advise from others on the ScubaBoard was truly valuable and made our quickly planned trip a success. I think Jeannie has a one pager quick tips that she'll email out. It provided good advice on everything from taxis to restaurants. We'll be back in a few months with our newly certified son and look forward to it. I've hear that other hotels & Ops might be a few bucks cheaper or cater to other needs, or allow bulk package discounts from Orbitz but I've not done the research and can't wait to get back to BA.

"I was a bit leary about signing a ticket for each lunch & breakfast but only the "extras" like margaritas were billed for the included meals."

Mexico is trying for full employment. Lots of people doing small jobs is better than a few people doing large jobs. Accounting and bookkeeping are very popular in Cozumel.

I did an apples to apples comparison as well for October. Even with SCC offering "buy 1 get 1 half off" BA was still a few hundred dollars less. I've enjoyed reading all the comments. I'm looking forward to diving with BA this October as my first time to COZ. We may try SCC next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom