Blue Angel vs. Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorge is the best.

There are a few things about Jorge that I love.

1. He has a low tolerence of fools. Will be diplomatic but rapidly shed himself of them where possible.
2. He expects certified divers to act as such and allows them a lot of latitude. If they lack skills he will step in. Then see above.
3. He's good at pinting stuff out.
4. Great memory of past clients and will do much to keep them happy. (Recently I dived with BA, had a very bad first trip and when he asked about my dive, mentioned to him. It was a gong show. For the rest of the trip I was on his boat due to his personal intervention with shop the nest morning.)
5. I'd want him to work for me in another life. Loyal, discreet, professional.

Does BA have a computer in the lobby to check e-mail on? I don't have a lap top.

You need your own, but I am fairly sure that there will be guests who will let you check your email with their laptops.

Does BA have a computer in the lobby to check e-mail on? I don't have a lap top.:admin:
Not really, but they might allow the exception. Or ask another customer with one if you can briefly check. As an example, if you used AOL for emails, no one is going to want to download the AOL program for you, but one could still check mail on AOL.com.
There are a few things about Jorge that I love.

1. He has a low tolerence of fools. Will be diplomatic but rapidly shed himself of them where possible.
2. He expects certified divers to act as such and allows them a lot of latitude. If they lack skills he will step in. Then see above.
3. He's good at pinting stuff out.
4. Great memory of past clients and will do much to keep them happy. (Recently I dived with BA, had a very bad first trip and when he asked about my dive, mentioned to him. It was a gong show. For the rest of the trip I was on his boat due to his personal intervention with shop the nest morning.)
5. I'd want him to work for me in another life. Loyal, discreet, professional.
Wow!? And he lets me dive his boat? :D I am amazed at how well he remembers our names even if he has not seen Jer or me for a year.

Jorge is a great DM, but as such...he is in high demand and gets "booked" right away. Otrhers are real, real good too - but then again it is opinions. What works for some irritates the heck out of others!

You need your own, but I am fairly sure that there will be guests who will let you check your email with their laptops.
When I was there in May they had two computers at the reception desk and they let me use one of them whenever I asked.

I would say wireless internet at Blue Angel Resort is spotty. As DandyDon wrote, it depends on what room you're in and what laptop you have. Last October, during the ownership transition, we could not log on from room 203 (third room north from the lobby on the second floor) with our old laptop. At the time, there also was only one modem in the lobby.

This time (this week), we had decent reception in room 302 (second room north from the lobby on the third floor), as well as in the restaurant with our new laptop. From the room, we could see both modems, but we were able to only log onto the one in the lobby.

It also has to be said that the resort doesn't claim to have internet access in every room but only in the lobby.
Hello Marco,

Great to dive with you and Stephanie! Hope you had a good trip back.

Mary

Hello Mary!!

It was a pleasure meeting you and diving with you. Hopefully we'll meet again somewhere. Our return trip was uneventful.

Hello Mary!!

It was a pleasure meeting you and diving with you. Hopefully we'll meet again somewhere. Our return trip was uneventful.

Yes...the only eventful thing was the fact that we are returning back to the land of no diving (at least for me)

Hope to see you all again. Thanks for the great night shore dive and the squid!!

Mary

Here is a not so good squid pic for you, until I can get all the pics and videos together.

Attachments

• blueangelsquid.jpg
    blueangelsquid.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 94

Back
Top Bottom