Blue Angel vs. Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what it's worth, we stayed at BA and had internet in our room no problem. YMMV.

. Some prefer the little guy who is great about finding little things - forget his name. .

His name is Jose', but as soon as you get to know him and he'll tell you he goes by "Flaco". Yes, he is very good at finding things and he has a smile of gold....literally due to his gold teeth work.

For what it's worth, we stayed at BA and had internet in our room no problem. YMMV.
What rooms were you in?

That will vary with which room you're in, how good your laptop reception is, and which of the routers you connect to if they still use 2? I was in room 1 last time, right next to the lobby, but my puter is poor on reception and could only hold service with 1.

Hmm.... 303 maybe? Our friends were next door and had no issues either, but it could be hit or miss for others. And not sure if the contrary has been written, but our DMs brought fruit on the boat for the surface intervals.

I need to add that to the list. The DM's at BA provided water, fruit and croissant and sometimes bread pudding during surface Intervals.

SCC provides water and fruit juice (I liked the mango the best) you can bring fruit with you from the breakfast buffet for snack.

I would say wireless internet at Blue Angel Resort is spotty. As DandyDon wrote, it depends on what room you're in and what laptop you have. Last October, during the ownership transition, we could not log on from room 203 (third room north from the lobby on the second floor) with our old laptop. At the time, there also was only one modem in the lobby.

This time (this week), we had decent reception in room 302 (second room north from the lobby on the third floor), as well as in the restaurant with our new laptop. From the room, we could see both modems, but we were able to only log onto the one in the lobby.

It also has to be said that the resort doesn't claim to have internet access in every room but only in the lobby.

Dive SCC every year and keep going back! Working in the industry I have to say I feel the DMs at SCC are much more customer oriented and always seem to have fun. A must when others are on vacation :) I recommend it everyone, besides you cant beat the off season specials! :)

Jorge is the best.

I was in Room 103 and couldn't get wireless service on either of their two routers.

Jeff

I couldn't get one of the BA routers when I was in the lobby even, but my puter gets poor reception I think. Switched to the stronger router. Wonder why they have two...?

Back
Top Bottom