Blacktip Settings Changes Help Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim,

If you care for a Dual Handle modification I recommend Yann’s from the FB group. I bought four of them and really enjoy them.

Michael

Jim,

If you care for a Dual Handle modification I recommend Yann’s from the FB group. I bought four of them and really enjoy them.

Michael
How much were they? He's always elusive on the topic unless you PM him.

How much were they? He's always elusive on the topic unless you PM him.

He quoted me $120 plus $18 for shipping in the U.S..

He quoted me $120 plus $18 for shipping in the U.S..
That's not terrible at all. And I can get it in red! Now I just need to find out if I'm heading towards divorce or if I can still afford my scooter.

That's not terrible at all. And I can get it in red! Now I just need to find out if I'm heading towards divorce or if I can still afford my scooter.

How much trigger time have you gotten on it, so far?

I've had my BT since they first came out (March, 2020). Since adding the firmware with cruise control, I haven't ever experienced a desire for a different handle or trigger.

I didn't like the handle or trigger at first. But, after the first 2 or 3 months, I feel like I got much better at actually driving it, and got cruise control and then I no longer had any issue with those things.

But, I do get that others use their scooter differently and a T-handle and different trigger make sense for them.

The handle and trigger work fine for me, for now.

How much trigger time have you gotten on it, so far?

I've had my BT since they first came out (March, 2020). Since adding the firmware with cruise control, I haven't ever experienced a desire for a different handle or trigger.

I didn't like the handle or trigger at first. But, after the first 2 or 3 months, I feel like I got much better at actually driving it, and got cruise control and then I no longer had any issue with those things.

But, I do get that others use their scooter differently and a T-handle and different trigger make sense for them.
I've got about 75 dives on a travel. I have nerve damage in both arms so my hands go a little numb at times and it's nice to be able to swap over. I'll be cruising along and my thumb will either relax or slip off enough to get that nice jarring stop while I yell at myself and the scooter to get going. I get this same issue when riding and need to add a throttle lock this winter.

I want to do cruise control but will wait until after the warranty expires on the one I plan to buy next month. Having the T with a compass mount would be a nice addition.

I've got about 75 dives on a travel. I have nerve damage in both arms so my hands go a little numb at times and it's nice to be able to swap over. I'll be cruising along and my thumb will either relax or slip off enough to get that nice jarring stop while I yell at myself and the scooter to get going. I get this same issue when riding and need to add a throttle lock this winter.

I want to do cruise control but will wait until after the warranty expires on the one I plan to buy next month. Having the T with a compass mount would be a nice addition.

I really don't understand how they can void the warranty for loading custom firmware. Nor how they could tell, if you loaded the stock firmware back into the scooter before pursuing a warranty claim...

Did about 5000 total feet over two dives on the BT at Devils' Eye/Ear. Average speed probably four.

The settings changes are good especially getting rid of the three second delay. At the end of the day the battery icon was as shown on the photo below. Buoyancy changes between the surface and 100 feet are negligible/un-noticeable to me.

View attachment 810647

I looked at your article. The generic batteries and actual dewalt ones are not created equal. I have 2 black tips that my wife and I use with the dewalt 9ah batteries. After 32 minutes and ~3200ft (100fpm) in doubles, drysuit, w/ an AL80 stage at roughly 4 it was still showing medium battery and the dewalt battery still showed 2 out of 3 bars as well.

I really don't understand how they can void the warranty for loading custom firmware. Nor how they could tell, if you loaded the stock firmware back into the scooter before pursuing a warranty claim...
I'm not sure if the VESC does this or not but it's common for chips to record the number of writes to them.

Back
Top Bottom