Bill OReilly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy:
....one strange cookie in my book. :shakehead

he is my idol :D

H2Andy:
what a terrible crime. to cross an artificial border to feed your family

yeah ... boy, hardened criminals

So you are cool with people breaking into your house or apartment and eating your food, taking the medicine in your medicine cabinet, moving in and not leaving, taking your money and sending it elsewhere, etc? All without permission from you first? Please post your address and probably many, many people will be right over. Seeing as how your property line is just an artificial border. :wink:

Seriously though. We are a Nation of laws. Anyone willing to break one of our most basic laws and rights of sovereignty and illegally crossing our border (nothing artificial about it) is a criminal - and shows disrespect and contempt for our laws, system of government, and Nation. Regardless of the reason(s) they crossed.

make a good point. In fact, I'm seriously worried for our country. We as a society are allowing ... ALLOWING the things that are wrong to happen but not enough people give a rats A S S about it.

Most Americans are fat, dumb and happy. They don't involve themselves in current affairs nor do they vote. I have a big list of what worries me, but one in particular is the way "news" is handled in this country. The big media sources are not there to tell us the truth, but rather to make BIG money....

I give O'Reilly credit for bringing many issues up for discussion. I don't always agree with him but agree the issues he brings up are important and require some form of resolution.

catherine96821:
It is a lost cause and the people that know it are covering themselves.

Jimbo, this country has changed, my friend. You are trying to hang on, but its futile.

I am planning my get away, not just my retirement. Hey I agree with you, but we have to accept the fact that most people don't. I am on to plan B.
...Unless you would like to oragnize a Boston Tea Party in the Honolulu harbor? :D

Democracies go in 200 year cycles....we are in apathy phase.

jimbo you are probably the most accurate when you refer to our evaporating republic. The patriot act is fashioned after the enabling act of '34 . Forget SocSec make plans as an expat. The border is there but only to those who still believe that anyone in power cares to enforce it. Im sure the next option for immigrants will be the option given to the Irish in the past and currently to Fillipinos join the US military and you can become a citizen. All the while the talking heads continue to babble about superficial issues and Anna Nicole Smith .Enjoy and remember ignorance is bliss.

catherine96821:
they already legislated that for businesses and employee retirement plans...somehow, they excluded themselves...think they forgot?

LOL, yes .... i'm sure it was an honest over site. :wink:

catherine96821:
I actually learn a lot on that show. One example of something I learned? Illegal immigrants have a lower crime rate than US citizens.

Wouldn't the fact that they are illegal aliens make their crime rate 100%????

technically yes.
just like people fudging their taxes and hiding the cows from the king.

Part of the problem is that when they pass so many complicated tax laws and new laws and regulations but never take away any, you reach a critical mass where there is less and less enforcement and also less and less good faith from the citizenry...it's no longer a partnership.

Like having kids that have so many rules they don't listen to anything.

Take me for example...never had a ticket, pretty straight . People tell me all the time.."that's against the law" about silly little things, and I don't even care. I see that my children have moral consciousness but really don't care about "the law"..it's a nusiance we try and work around. Take snorkel laws in Laguna Beach...perfect example. Driving curfews for my daughter coming home after work. We just ignore a lot of laws. And I don't see any big consequences either. I carried a loaded Glock in my car in LA at night for the carjackers. "It's against the law"...it's a misdameanor, so what? If you have calculated that you need it. I am just saying, that if "law abiding" citizens are ignoring the laws, then you have too many laws.
Every time they pass a law or a tax, they need to get rid of one, or where are we going? Lawlessness, every man for himself, one big fat tea party.

daniel f aleman:
Of course, also New Mexico, Arizona and Texas. By the way, we were there first you thieving gringos.

Ha! With a last name like Aleman, I think your peeps were second in line. :)

.........:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom