Bill OReilly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
what a terrible crime. to cross an artificial border to feed your family

yeah ... boy, hardened criminals
I thought your point was that the illegals commit no more crimes "whatsoever" than those that immigrate legally...?

Have we now moved on to *degree* and *justification* of their transgressions?

(c'mon, Andy... I've seen your posts... you can do better...)

BKP:
I thought your point was that the illegals commit no more crimes "whatsoever" than those that immigrate legally...?

no, actually that was not my point

my point was that the fact that someone is an illegal allien has no value in predicting future criminality for that person

do read carefully:

H2Andy:
dave, i think you are framing the subject wrong

there is no evidence whatsoever (whatsoever) that a person "illegally" in the US is more likely to commit a crime than a person legally here

again, you are not really aware of the issues. if illegal immigration stopped, it would be a huge blow to the US economy. say bye-bye to cheap labor. say hello to higher prices for just about everything from agricultural products to construction.

it's like going to bed with a girl and then berating her for being easy. you really ought to have more backbone than that.

Originally Posted by H2Andy
what a terrible crime. to cross an artificial border to feed your family

yeah ... boy, hardened criminals

BKP:

Have we now moved on to *degree* and *justification* of their transgressions?

(c'mon, Andy... I've seen your posts... you can do better...)

Yeah that's right let them flood our country so we cannot feed ouselves or our families...:shakehead

SteveDiver:
Yeah that's right let them flood our country so we cannot feed ouselves or families...

actually, illegal immigrants make it easier for you to feed yourself and your family

by easier, i mean cheaper

if you don't understand why, then you need to do some research

H2Andy:
no, actually that was not my point

my point was that the fact that someone is an illegal allien has no value in predicting future criminality for that person
So, if someone has committed a major crime to achieve a purpose, we can be assured they will never commit *another* major crime to achieve *another* purpose?

H2Andy:
again, you are not really aware of the issues. if illegal immigration stopped, it would be a huge blow to the US economy. say bye-bye to cheap labor. say hello to higher prices for just about everything from agricultural products to construction.
I'm always ready to learn... so, you can point me to a study (as opposed to someone's opinion) that bears this out...?

H2Andy:
it's like going to bed with a girl and then berating her for being easy. you really ought to have more backbone than that.
Huh??? (I want some of what *you're* smokin'!)

H2Andy:
actually, illegal immigrants make it easier for you to feed yourself and your family

Are you sure?

I've seen a good case made for lower direct costs but the resultant indirect costs result in higher overall costs to the community. That the primary benefit of illegal immigration is higher profits to the business owners and a lowering of occupational safety and health standards.

My thought? There is so much self-serving prattle involved that it is hard to know what reality is. I do know that history says the country that can not control its' borders loses.

ArcticDiver:
I do know that history says the country that can not control its' borders loses.

really?

can you give me an example?

H2Andy:

Cheaper yes...how about "supply". I need not research any further; my mind is made up (after research). Thanks... I will agree to disagree if you will. No arguement here..

BKP:
So, if someone has committed a major crime to achieve a purpose, we can be assured they will never commit *another* major crime to achieve *another* purpose?

coming across an artificial border to feed your family is not a major crime

by any stretch of the imagination

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom