Big dilemma, should i sell my poseidon rig??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
Get rid of them and get some Apeks or Atomics or Scubapro or whatever.....

Have you already purchsed the mega-bling custom Poseidon hoses in the 'right' lengths?

nope i havent purchased them yet. if i did id certainly have to stay poseidon all the way. im considering buying a black pearl for singles and ds4/atx40 2nd set for doubles. will the black pearl and the ds4/atx40 combo work?

Yeah, but personally I'd skip the black pearl, it's basically just a 'look pretty' feature.

Also I'd get ATX50 or TX50s for the doubles.

Tamas:
Dyslexia = THE problem.

I am not sure how many of you actually seen the Xstreams, but the exhaust can be popped off quite easily to get access to the innards of the unit for cleaning and whatnot. As far as it using special hoses, why can't you carry a few spares with you if that could be a problem when diving in remote areas.

I just don't see the need for this poor fellow to sell an awesome piece of gear because people who know nothing of it tell him to. Waste of money if you ask me and the inability to think logically.

becasue the hoses alone couple of poseidon spares cost as much as a ds4 first stage. i know its an awesome reg i love it personally but im going dir now and the availability, serviceability and complexity alone shows that its not as dir friendly as compared to the other regs. had i now gone dir would have kept it.

teknitroxdiver:
Yeah, but personally I'd skip the black pearl, it's basically just a 'look pretty' feature.

Also I'd get ATX50 or TX50s for the doubles.

honestly i dont mind spending extra on the pretty features. i know its a cosmetic version of the atx 200. question is can i use a ds4atx50 for singles and will it perform as good as the atx200's? i mainly do singles and wanted to use a higher performing reg and when i do doubles id just slap in the ds4/atx 50.

teknitroxdiver:
Yes, those who have used both a whole lot say they breath exactly the same.

now im pretty confused. i just want to do my research right this time and purchase the correct gear once and for all. i know the ds4atx50 is the most suggested and popular, proven reg out there. im pretty set on the black pearl, assuming i get it and dont mind spending extra for the cosmetics, would it be a good combo with the ds4atx50?

Btw i have a spare atomics m1 maybe that will work with the black pearl for doubles? suddenly the world of doubles has opened a pandora's box of wants and needs. just made the infinite permutations and gear combos more complicated:)

Tamas:
Dyslexia = THE problem.

I am not sure how many of you actually seen the Xstreams, but the exhaust can be popped off quite easily to get access to the innards of the unit for cleaning and whatnot. As far as it using special hoses, why can't you carry a few spares with you if that could be a problem when diving in remote areas.

I just don't see the need for this poor fellow to sell an awesome piece of gear because people who know nothing of it tell him to. Waste of money if you ask me and the inability to think logically.

No Dyslexia, hence the quotes. Kinda in the "All your base" vein.

One of my non-DIR buddies dives Posiedon regs, and even he's complained about how much of a PITA they are in terms of repair, ect.

Derek S:
No Dyslexia, hence the quotes. Kinda in the "All your base" vein.

One of my non-DIR buddies dives Posiedon regs, and even he's complained about how much of a PITA they are in terms of repair, ect.

they say that its a pain to maintain and repair, i havent experienced problems in that department yet. imho the poseidons seem more robust in construction than other regs

If you want to be DIR, you should sell them as they are not DIR. :wink:
That's why I'm selling my Jetstream. BTW, anyone interested? :D
Otherwise you answered your own question in post #23

aquaoren:
If you want to be DIR, you should sell them as they are not DIR. :wink:
That's why I'm selling my Jetstream. BTW, anyone interested? :D
Otherwise you answered your own question in post #23

selling em already. as to my next question, would the black pearl mate well with the ds4/atx50? price not being a factor or would you still get two sets of ds4/atx50's?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom