Beware of breeding tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My LDS has an older Luxfer al 100 for sale for $200, has a pro valve, boot, current hydro and current visual inspection. I want something so I can keep my regs pressurized while I clean my regs.

My dive buddy uses more air than I do so I really don't need a 100, but I also am bad about polluting my first stage by hitting the purge when cleaning regs and I have nothing to pressurize my regs with. What should I do?

My drysuit tank works well for that.

My LDS has an older Luxfer al 100 for sale for $200, has a pro valve, boot, current hydro and current visual inspection. I want something so I can keep my regs pressurized while I clean my regs.

My dive buddy uses more air than I do so I really don't need a 100, but I also am bad about polluting my first stage by hitting the purge when cleaning regs and I have nothing to pressurize my regs with. What should I do?
Find little tiny bottles for that. 6 cu ft you can transfill. Maybe a 13.

I recently moved. It took one trailer just for all the loose cylinders. It was all that was in the trailer, and it was one of the heavier trailer loads I hauled. That doesn't count the ones that were attached to the rebreather, in the boat (anchor recovery rig), or the one on the welder cart... Maybe a couple others. One is getting re-homed as soon as I can get it to him.

There is one k-bottle of O2 that I was looking at that was so old the welding shop phone number didn't have an area code in front of it. Back when the whole state was a single area code. It was the spare for the oxy fuel torch and only recently transitioned into primary. It is still a back up to the two aviators.

You got to be careful about large cylinders as well. They also multiply. Or grow from a small size into a larger size. My 40cuft of acetylene grew into an 80cuft. A K of Helium returned as a T. I had a small bottle of O2 that turned into something much larger at one time...

Why do you need 30? Do you have a dive centre? 😂
That's what my wife says,
Min 30-40 scuba tanks, prob more
6 Low pressure K
2 HP K
3 HP K auto weld tanks
8 misc oxygen, argon K, T tanks
2 small co2 tanks
5 alum forklift propane tanks,
And a bunch of normal propane tanks
Refrigerant tanks etc...

My drysuit tank works well for that.
Just the one? I seem to have 3 different drysuit inflation tanks in my collection.

I thought moving to CCR would cull some tanks. But no, it sparked a new bout of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) as I clearly needed three sets of twinsets/doubles for gas banking, three sets of oxygen & diluent tanks, and goodness knows how many bailouts for different depths — actually three sets: down to 30m/100ft, down to 50m/165ft and down to 75m/250ft. Plus some spare ali80s pencilled in for deeper dives.

Tried some therapy for GAS, but can’t afford it as more depth therapy just results in more GAS. Keep getting urges for a compressor and booster, ostensibly to reduce testing costs. That’ll just result in getting some 6ft 50 litre banking cylinders…

Now to recite the Diver’s Prayer….
Oh Lord, should I die, please don’t let my wife sell my kit for what I said I paid for it…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom