Beware of breeding tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know some people who like AL 72 for bailouts

So this begs the question: what drives you to get more tanks? Do you want to be able to do more dives without having to visit the fill station? Do you want to have a better selection to match a dive, like with different mixes in them?

So this begs the question: what drives you to get more tanks? Do you want to be able to do more dives without having to visit the fill station? Do you want to have a better selection to match a dive, like with different mixes in them?
Different tanks for different applications. I have a couple steel 72s for normal, short dives, a pair of steel 130s for long dives, and an AL40 that is my pony. I also looking for a couple more AL40s for rescue work so that I don't have to take apart my pony rig for races.

Also, sometimes tanks come as part of a package deal or people offer them to you free.

They breed, haven't you been paying attention??

Seriously different tanks for different applications especially if you do something foolish like tech or CCR.

at somewhere nearing 30, I started wrapping them in garbage bags to act as condoms,,,,,

Why do you need 30? Do you have a dive centre? 😂

Why do you need 30? Do you have a dive centre? 😂
Somebody asked me today and I honestly replied "I don't know."

So I counted this afternoon. 37 sitting here. And I've got a line on 3 more I really kinda want.

But I just looked at my calendar and I've got 20-24 dives scheduled in the remaining days of july, and so far August has 25-30 before leaving for Roatan towards the end of the month. That will take a lot of tanks and I don't want to pay for short fills at the lake when I get free fills back here at the club/shop.

Somebody asked me today and I honestly replied "I don't know."

So I counted this afternoon. 37 sitting here. And I've got a line on 3 more I really kinda want.
Is your boss looking to hire?

/ asking for a friend 😂

My LDS has an older Luxfer al 100 for sale for $200, has a pro valve, boot, current hydro and current visual inspection. I want something so I can keep my regs pressurized while I clean my regs.

My dive buddy uses more air than I do so I really don't need a 100, but I also am bad about polluting my first stage by hitting the purge when cleaning regs and I have nothing to pressurize my regs with. What should I do?

Back
Top Bottom