Better OC Trimix Computer . . .

Which of these two ranks better in the catagory?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question on the X1:

If I understand this correctly, the X1

• downloads only to its proprietary dive log software
I believe this is correct. I download to MultiDeco Divelogs or V-Planner Divelogs, then export
  • requires a special interface device costing ~$100 to download
The X-1 includes the Multi-Function attachment which you use for charging, downloading dive logs and installing updates. There is nothing more you need to buy. (See picture at bottom) USB plugs into this.
  • requires a special cable to download
It uses a standard USB cable similar to one you use to connect many printers to your computer.
Is this correct?? No bluetooth, no IrDA?
Correct
Can one export to a (something) delimited text file?

Sure can. That is how I move all of my dive logs into Diving Log 5.0.

Charger_Kit_Tony_Land_270.jpg

Question on the X1:

If I understand this correctly, the X1

• downloads only to its proprietary dive log software
  • requires a special interface device costing ~$100 to download
  • requires a special cable to download

Is this correct?? No bluetooth, no IrDA?

Can one export to a (something) delimited text file?

Where on earth doing you get all this FUD and nonsense from?

The attachment interface and cable and charger are included with your X1. The X1 needs a dive program installed. Currently available are V-Planner Live and MultiDeco (see links below). They include a free DiveLog manager - the most technical one available of any dive computer. It has better data display and options than most, but it is for tech diving. It is also linked to our online database - the only public database available with today's tech profiles.

You can also export dive data in csv or uddf formats. From that you can do anything you want with it, including importing to other dive log programs.

Regards

Where on earth doing you get all this FUD and nonsense from?

Seriously, Ross? Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt, and nonsense? :shakehead:

Perhaps instead, you might ask why a first-class researcher and analysis engineer cannot find clear and prominent information on your product?

The attachment interface and cable and charger are included with your X1. The X1 needs a dive program installed. Currently available are V-Planner Live and MultiDeco (see links below). They include a free DiveLog manager - the most technical one available of any dive computer. It has better data display and options than most, but it is for tech diving. It is also linked to our online database - the only public database available with today's tech profiles.

You can also export dive data in csv or uddf formats. From that you can do anything you want with it, including importing to other dive log programs.

Regards

I was also searching for your "DiveLog manager". I could not find it on the Liquivision website. I would like to see the software, as it is part of the total package. Can one get the "DiveLog mananger" only with the purchase of the computer?

EDIT: Inability to find complete information does seem to be a common problem on most dive computers' websites, though.

Perhaps instead, you might ask why a first-class researcher and analysis engineer cannot find clear and prominent information on your product?
Because you spend to much time on forum instead of diving and shearching for info on your future computer.
:rofl3:

Seriously you can find all the info on hhssoftware not on liquivision since you buy the software separately. For the multideco you can find it here www.hhssoftware.com/multideco-x1/.

Or if you want you can check www.hhssoftware.com/ and see all the software that are available for the pc/mac/x1 etc.

On liquivision site you'll find address pointing the software developers like hhssoftware,

Valéry;6222497:
Because you spend to much time on forum instead of diving and shearching for info on your future computer.
:rofl3:

No. :no: It's my job. Forum is what I do waiting for documents to download, or for information that comes from others.

Valéry;6222497:
Seriously you can find all the info on hhssoftware not on liquivision since you buy the software separately. For the multideco you can find it here www.hhssoftware.com/multideco-x1/.

Or if you want you can check www.hhssoftware.com/ and see all the software that are available for the pc/mac/x1 etc.

On liquivision site you'll find address pointing the software developers like hhssoftware,

I know about the site, and have the software. I am asking about the "DiveLog" manager software into which the X1 downloads.

Unless -- have I missed something? Is it the same as the Shearwater "DiveLog manager" software?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 105
I know about the site, and have the software. I am asking about the "DiveLog" manager software into which the X1 downloads.
What software do you already have? Downloading the Multi-Deco DiveLog Manager for the X1 is pretty strait forward and free.
Here is a direct link:
MultiDeco-X1 - download
It is the first (PC) and second (Mac) buttons after the user manual.
Same for v-planner here:
V-Planner Live VPM-B dive decompression software - download

Unless -- have I missed something? Is it the same as the Shearwater "DiveLog manager" software?

Shearwater and the firmware for the x1, as well as their respective dive log software are different and not interchangeable, as far as I'm aware.

Jax, the divelog manager for the x1 and the dr5 are the same, for the sw it's the one you see on the pic you posted.
The dive log of the x1 can be found here: MultiDeco-X1 - download but it is useless without an x1 or a dr5.

Like Ross said the divelog manager of the x1 is very complete and display all kind of imaginable info related to your dive.

Sorry texas torpedo i was typing and didn't read your post

There is one feature I wish Multi-Deco and v-planner live did have... The ability to go back and delete junk (short/shallow) dives from the computer itself..
Fairly trivial but something I know more than a few have expressed interest in.
Is there a means to do this in the Predator or other Shearwater products?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom