Better OC Trimix Computer . . .

Which of these two ranks better in the catagory?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread has certainly run its course. To much thinking and not enough helium. I will not be thinking of you while on the miller lite today.

Eric

But I'm not qualified to play with helium, yet. :blinking:

... that you are prompted to submit reports to DAN .... because having that many to do keeps me from doing any of them).

Actually that has changed too. Now it prompts starting from the newest dives and goes backwards from there. And you can skip over a dive with the cancel. That I think makes it easier to just submit the important ones.

Regards

Hooray, Ross! This is what I mean . . . Somebody gripes about something and Ross fixes it.

Actually that has changed too. Now it prompts starting from the newest dives and goes backwards from there. And you can skip over a dive with the cancel. That I think makes it easier to just submit the important ones.

Regards

I'd "like" this if I could!

(Stupid security settings. I think.)

:confused:

Is that pointed at me? I don't understand?

No ... it wasn't pointed at you. If it had been, I'd have quoted you.

... Bob (GratefuL Diver)

It would be interesting doing a logical decision matrix on this subject.

The weighting would be difficult, as that is subjective, but it could be put in a spreadsheet so others can change the weighting as they wish.

The other problem would be scoring - that, too, would be subjective as it is difficult to put a score on attributes such as gas models. Of course, they could be binary, so the weighting could make the difference.

:hm: Anyone interested?

Why not just make a decision and go diving?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Like any new thing we annylise it a lot. It is really in the doing. I stressed over it for nothing it turns out. At the end of the day it too subjective to put labels on, the deco I am talking about. I got comfortable with 4 tools. V planner tables, cochran puter, modified ratio deco, and how I feel on any given day.

Really that is all there is to it.
Eric

Why not just make a decision and go diving?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I wish! :depressed:

But the selection isn't anything I have to do right now. I am learning a lot about the offerings and the pros and cons, and how people think about them. I'll be watching developments (and saving money) and when the time comes, (most likely a damn fine deal!) I'll hit it!

I hope that some others may get a benefit from the process. I know that I do. :)

Like any new thing we annylise it a lot. It is really in the doing. I stressed over it for nothing it turns out. At the end of the day it too subjective to put labels on, the deco I am talking about. I got comfortable with 4 tools. V planner tables, cochran puter, modified ratio deco, and how I feel on any given day.

Really that is all there is to it.
Eric

:giggle: I don't stress over stuff like this. It's like enjoying a fine wine, admiring its color, inhaling the bouquet, and tasting the fine mixtures of oaks and berries . . .

I just like acquiring knowledge for the fun of it. Sometimes, I choose by the heart, not the mind. :)

I wanted to upgrade from my current Helo2 as it's not flexible enough for the type of dives I do. So this tread was the right thing at the right time. I was looking at 3 products, the VR's, X1 and the Predator. Thus I decided to test and dive all, not wanting to waste money again.

VR: I really don't like the menu interface or display. Its a good product but there is really nothing I like about it. It's also expensive.
X1: Nice size with a very good display. I like the flexibility with models. I don't like the battery life span even with the recharge option and the fact that no Fischer connect is available, don't understand why. The unit is also very expensive and I have read way to much about issues even though it's claimed to be fixed.
Predator: There is really nothing bad to report. If I had to mention something it would be the size, however it works and feel great int the water. It has buhlmann GF and vpm and even though it's $75 is still a LOT cheaper than a X1. I still struggle to understand why.

As Mentioned I tested and dived all 3 and settled for the predator. It's a great unit and I will buy an other one soon.
PS: I never mentioned the service from Shearwater. It's fantastic!!!!!

Reactions: Jax
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom