Better Check your DAN insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:bigun2:
Search the threads before opening this one again...

Lot's of good posts here, and - thank god we have SB to discuss and examine this challenge, but I really like these last two...
Dee:
I just renewed our DAN coverage with full confidence. DAN has responded in several places around the net that they will cover everyone regardless. They'll forward money to you or send it directly to your credit card...whatever it takes to get you treated.

And BTW.....the owner of the chambers that is causing all the problems has even stated that do one will be left on the sidewalk untreated.

To many dramatics for me. I'll go with the reputation I know. DAN has always stood by it's divers and I have no doubt they will continue to do so. My money gladly went back to DAN this year.
tjmills:
If you have a problem.....Who ya gonna call?? PADI?? Dive Assure???

DAN is the place. Period.

costumed-smiley-033.gif

Well I am new DAN member. This sort of stuff makes me wonder why someone would do something like this.

Lukiedukie:
Well I am new DAN member. This sort of stuff makes me wonder why someone would do something like this.
Money, lots and lots of money.

If you owned a few clinics, and the average Usual & Customery charge was say $5,000, wouldn't it be fun to gouge the insurance carrier with an average $10,000 bill. Nice profit expectations. :D

I was wondering if it was profit related but did not want to jump the gun. Either way I will be DAN loyal, I am even considering takeing a couple of their classes this spring.

In case you missed it - from a Sticky thread in Basic Scuba Forum...
DocVikingo:
Mauricio Moreno has sold 6 of the 9 SSS chambers involved in the dispute. He still owns those in Nassau, Cancun & Cabo San Lucas, and they're still not playing ball, but they're on the market. DAN has arrived at a payment agreement with the owners of the 6 sold units, although the amount of reimbursement is substantially above DAN's reasonable & customary fees.

For those heading to Thailand, the Phuket & Koh Samui facilities are in the clear for the DAN insured among you. For the CZM bound, this means that now both the SSS and Hyperbarica Cozumel facilites are accepting DAN.

Regarding the 3 SSS chambers that have yet to make peace with DAN, the following DAN assurance remains in force---> http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/news/article.asp?newsid=734

In the meantime, Moreno is playing dirty; along with the gratuitous attacks on DAN for its for-profit subsidiaries and performance as a non-profit organization that appear on SSS's website and last email, he has deposed a silly number of DAN, NBS & AGI personnel and even named some in the suit. The suit is scheduled to go to trial in early May, but it's going to mediation in a couple of weeks and it seems hopeful that all will be ironed out during that proceeding.

Stay tuned.

DocVikingo
:D

Dive insurance is really so cheap that I decided to double cover. I believe that DAN is the most knowledgeable about diving illnesses and injuries, but to save myself potential headaches, I went with a second group as well. Overkill? Maybe, but in the end, it's really cheap peace of mind to me.

Just in case anyone is interested, here is a list of some other insurance plans (in no particular order except the order in which they popped into my head!)

Dive Assure
DAN
PADI sponsored insurance
NAUI sponsored insurance
Diver's Security Insurance
Dive Safe Insurance

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom