Better Check your DAN insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am about to renew DAN and to be honest all this hype is making me think about PADI insurance. Just dont feel right i have been a member since 92 would do this reluctantly and hopefully not

Well, I'll be renewing our DAN insurance without any hesitation.
As has been stated in another post about this subject, "this is old trash with a new date".

The whole bit is an effort by a disgruntled chamber owner to get you not to renew with DAN, so as to pressure DAN to overpay for chamber services. DAN is looking out for everyone in taking the stand it does.

deeper thoughts:
I am about to renew DAN and to be honest all this hype is making me think about PADI insurance. Just dont feel right i have been a member since 92 would do this reluctantly and hopefully not

That's exactly what it is. Hype. Personally I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sticking with DAN because they have continually provided a quality service and I don't see that changing in anytime in the hear future.

ItsBruce:
The whole bit is an effort by a disgruntled chamber owner to get you not to renew with DAN, so as to pressure DAN to overpay for chamber services. DAN is looking out for everyone in taking the stand it does.

Is this your reasonable hypothesis or is this verifiable fact. If the latter, please provide credible references. Thanks

I just renewed our DAN coverage with full confidence. DAN has responded in several places around the net that they will cover everyone regardless. They'll forward money to you or send it directly to your credit card...whatever it takes to get you treated.

And BTW.....the owner of the chambers that is causing all the problems has even stated that do one will be left on the sidewalk untreated.

To many dramatics for me. I'll go with the reputation I know. DAN has always stood by it's divers and I have no doubt they will continue to do so. My money gladly went back to DAN this year.

deeper thoughts:

If you have a problem.....Who ya gonna call?? PADI?? Dive Assure???

DAN is the place. Period.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom