Best Teric band ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[snip】
That same dude made another version - https://www.amazon.com/Bungee-Adapt...er+for+Shearwater+Teric&qid=1612340371&sr=8-1

This one avoids the pin unscrewing to charge issue, but shares the single watch pin failure vulnerability of the Narkedat90 strap and stock non-NATO straps.

If you run the bungee loop around the wrist, a single pin failure does not cause a loss.

Depends on how you do it ...

Yes, I know the tail is ridiculously long. I will adjust it down to a reasonable length once I figure out the minimum necessary size to go over my dry-glove rings
View attachment 588285
uqbcaov2dt3yjmq2yns7-qc1ttbcrfxfk-9rzc7hy2bi6fqwttf-h2ivtlkns5op6nvphkpj9j4tls3sv-w1964-h1105-no-jpg.588285

Ah, a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks, that makes sense and seems workable for a bungee/redundancy option. I'm going to continue down my aforementioned path of trying to keep mine in watch form factor and not Perdixify it. :D

I use the Perdix bands on my Teric. They are like $20 on DGX for a set of two. They go through both pins so if you lose a pin your don't lose your Teric. They stretch so that they can deal with neoprene compression, and they are fairly quick adjust.

They've ended up being the best bands that I found. I tried different NATO bands, but they don't deal with neoprene compression

Manatee , thank you but I don't think I understan. If I recall the Perdix has two straps, do you use two straps on your Teric?

View attachment 678094

Years ago, we cobbled together thin sleeves of scrap neoprene -- glued together and sown with dental floss -- and provided openings for either a watch or a rectangular computer face -- to avoid that very slippage, or even loss, mentioned earlier in the thread, regardless of which band that you chose.

Later, we found that larger beer cozies also did the job -- cheaply, and readily available at most 7-Elevens.

Simply Scuba, out of the UK, is now marketing that very same concept . . .

So simply scuba item goes over the computer so you can't lose it ?

Yeah . . .

View attachment 678094

Years ago, we cobbled together thin sleeves of scrap neoprene -- glued together and sown with dental floss -- and provided openings for either a watch or a rectangular computer face -- to avoid that very slippage, or even loss, mentioned earlier in the thread, regardless of which band that you chose.

Later, we found that larger beer cozies also did the job -- cheaply, and readily available at most 7-Elevens.

Simply Scuba, out of the UK, is now marketing that very same concept . . .

Thanks Just ordered it

Here is an example of that neoprene sleeve, from earlier in the thread, protecting a beater watch — so not a Teric — of mine . . .

FC3A699A-6BCD-4BFD-91D9-FFD5D5C537CD.jpeg

Brilliant! Solves the pin-loss issue, wetsuit compression issue and wearing while not diving issue with one simple solution. Just ordered a couple for my dive buddy and myself. Thanks!

Got the Zuludiver band in the mail today and it is definitely a double pass stretchy NATO band. I'll try to remember to post some thoughts once I get a chance to get it in the water. Initial impressions in playing with it are that it isn't as burly as the Shearwater NATO band, but then again it probably doesn't have to be if I don't have to torque it down to account for exposure suit compression.

Back
Top Bottom