Best Teric band ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't received my Teric yet but has anyone tried a tiny bit of locktight on the pins, or are they too small to try that? They're basically tiny screws correct?

A long nut and tiny screw, or long screw and and long nut, I don’t remember, so fat I’ll check the screws once or twice per year, I have found them a little loose but never to the point of using lock tight, a touch of blue may be of some benefit but I prefer to just check time to time, if I always found them loose I would use the blue.
DiveTronix, the US service facility for Searwater, recommends a touch of the blue Loctite.

i just ordered one of these. Will let you know what I think...
I've seen a few variations on that design. Some of them appear to double back under the hook. In other words, if you bang the hook undone, the underlying double backed strap may keep it from falling off until the hook is put back on.

I've seen a few variations on that design. Some of them appear to double back under the hook. In other words, if you bang the hook undone, the underlying double backed strap may keep it from falling off until the hook is put back on.
I'm currently using an orange Teric OEM strap, given to me by the Shearwater rep at a diveshow, Nice. It is a very solid and comfortable and good-looking band, and matches the orange numbers on my watch face! However, if a pin goes, so goes the watch. So I'm looking at replacements. Stretchable is a criterion. My fall-back position will be an extra Perdix strap, which is a bit Goth for everyday wear.

Even if there's a 1 in 1,000 chance of the regular bands coming off, there's about a 100% chance I can make it happen 😁

Just checked mine, tight, don’t remember the last time I checked but at least 6 months ago
D4AA8EC0-6C39-4654-9785-C48E12A93826.jpeg

Here are a couple pics of the Zulu band. I haven't updated the thread yet since I haven't gotten it in the water. I go to Socorro next month so should be able to beat it up pretty good then and will report back. I will prob bring my blue camo Shearwater band as a backup just in case.

Attachments

• teric1.jpg
    teric1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 87
  • teric2.jpg
    teric2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 93
So here's a question on the width of the elastic style NATO straps. I think the lug size on the Teric is 22mm? Might it be better to actually order one that's 24mm? When the strap stretches in length, it will naturally also narrow in width. So maybe a strap that's 24mm at no tension would be the perfect 22mm when stretched around the wrist enough to keep it still.
Can anyone who has an elastic style strap speak to this concept. If the strap is stretched to the point where it is comfortable but it feels secure, how much does the width reduce? Is it like the example I gave, when a 24mm at rest narrows to about 22mm when under a little stretch? Or would it need to be stretched a stupid amount for the width to narrow that much?

Or would it need to be stretched a stupid amount for the width to narrow that much?
Yes

I ordered one of the Vario elastic NATO straps at the following link. The only change I made to the one pictured is that I chose black on the metal parts, so that I could have an all black theme. I'll let you guys know how it works when I get it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom