Best Teric band ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murphy in NC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have bounced back and forth trying to decide whether the Teric or the Perdix ai and I like the compass configuration on the Teric a little more and many have said the screens have the same readability even though the screen on the Teric is smaller.

that being said I was planning on purchasing the Teric however my last computer fell off my wrist in very rough conditions.
If the Teric fell off my wrist I would be pissed.

I don't dive dry and don't plan to anytime soon.

Can anyone provide feedback on the band that comes with the Teric and possible upgrades if need?

Thanks

I use the Perdix bands on my Teric. They are like $20 on DGX for a set of two. They go through both pins so if you lose a pin your don't lose your Teric. They stretch so that they can deal with neoprene compression, and they are fairly quick adjust.

They've ended up being the best bands that I found. I tried different NATO bands, but they don't deal with neoprene compression

I use the Perdix bands on my Teric. They are like $20 on DGX for a set of two. They go through both pins so if you lose a pin your don't lose your Teric. They stretch so that they can deal with neoprene compression, and they are fairly quick adjust.

They've ended up being the best bands that I found. I tried different NATO bands, but they don't deal with neoprene compression
I am running the Shearwater NATO band for exactly this reason (pin redundancy) and the ability to wear it as a watch on dive trips, but you are spot on about the compression issue. It isn't stretchy at all so you have to overtighten it so it doesn't move around at depth. That is causing a lot of wear on the hole that I usually use. If it ends up breaking I'll look for another solution.

I came to the same conclusion and do the same thing.

- brett

Narked @90 Bungee adapters. Mine is rigged such that there are 2 loops that would need to fail to be an issue. Can be adjusted from bare arm to drysuit.

There are other single-piece 3D printed bungee adapters too.

I'll guinea pig the Zuludiver stretchy NATO and report back.

s-l1600.jpg

Years ago, we cobbled together thin sleeves of scrap neoprene -- glued together and sown with dental floss -- and provided openings for either a watch or a rectangular computer face -- to avoid that very slippage, or even loss, mentioned earlier in the thread, regardless of which band that you chose.

Later, we found that larger beer cozies also did the job -- cheaply, and readily available at most 7-Elevens.

Simply Scuba, out of the UK, is now marketing that very same concept . . .

There is the Shearwater Elastic Strap Kit on DGX: https://www.divegearexpress.com/shearwater-elastic-strap-kit

This is what I think people are already saying they use in this thread.

The problem I have with this one is the buckle. Maybe I scratch it on a rock and it just falls apart. I have seen too many of these plastic quick release buckles fail in my life. Now, I could use 2 straps at once for redundancy but then it would look lame if I try to wear it to dinner after a day of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom